INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fast Forwarding and rewind not Working for any file types or any device  (Read 6642 times)

mylogon

I see people asking why it does not work, and no answers that are valid for me.  I do not have it working on my PC or on my DLNA TV.  I wanted all the extra features you have, instead of the Nero my TV came with, but cannot get them to work.

Hold on the button in local view as it says does nothing, not on MP3's, avi's, mkv's, mp4's - in short nothing.  Single click does go to the next selection, so I know the mouse and bar is working.

I used the defaults, and I am not doing any conversion - would not want to downgrade my 1080 files to 720 - and audio is set to if necessary, and it is not, so - I am totally lost.

The weird part is that I cannot even do it on the PC, and I can using other players, like VLC, so I know I have something wrong, but have run out of options to look at

Thanks in advance.

mylogon

Re: Fast Forwarding and rewind not Working for any file types or any device
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:42:58 am »

JRiver? I thought this was the offical support channel for a paid product.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:31:29 am »

The problem might be in the lack of details in your post. Where do you play from? TV via DLNA, PC with a client/server, local client only, Library server Client? I see some references to a TV, but not much more. You use DLNA from a library server, or do you connect a HTPC to the server? Are other playback methods problematic? Does it work locally or when you use MC to MC playback? You are using the latest build of MC17?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

mylogon

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:41:40 am »

I thought I was clear when I said everything with PC and TV:

DLNA LG TV - Does not work
PC with Local client and server - Does not work

Library Server Client (Gizmo)- Does not have the fast forward or rewind button - just slider - which is easy with a mouse

Same for every filetype, video and audio that I tested.

I have not tested on Android, and am not an iPhone person....

The fast forward and rewind buttons are "greyed out" or do nothing. If it is a series, however, the forward to the next file.

Sorry if I was unclear, but since the the only two have those buttons do not work, I thought that was clear.

I have even tried the development version MC 18, to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

anthcritch

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 03:36:41 am »

I have exactly the same problem and share your frustration in not getting an answer

Playing recorded tv to a Samsung DLNA TV does not allow me to pause, rewind, fastforward. This occurs if I try and use the jriver remote or try and control these settings from the media server library

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 07:18:51 am »

This will depend on the device and the format of the content being played.  Make sure you're using the latest build of MC18.  It's 18.0.12 right now.

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 07:45:18 am »

This is the MC17 forum, so I'm not sure if it's that easy. There have been lots of DLNA changes from 17 yo 18 though, so it might be worth investing those 20 bucks.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up