INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help please - MC18 unusable - software conflict?  (Read 2190 times)

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
Help please - MC18 unusable - software conflict?
« on: October 01, 2012, 04:23:32 am »

I've been having a lot of trouble with MC18 notably starting it and using it causes Asus AI Suite to start. Even when I disable AI Suite MC18 runs extraordinarily slow - currently over 10 seconds from clicking "File" before the command works.

I've installed MC18 on my second PC and it runs like a dream - just like MC17 does on my main PC. So the problems must be in the software configuration on my main PC.

Is there an accepted way of testing against a software conflict or is it just rial and error? Removing one program after another until MC18 works properly?

Thanks for any assistance.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help please - MC18 unusable - software conflict?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:02:29 am »

You could start logging the problems. You do this from the Help menu. This could give the expert some more info to go on, if you post it here.
Uninstalling some applications might also give you a clue as to what is the problem. I would start with anti virus applications or similar.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 05:11:34 am »

Thank you MrHaugen that is very useful. I will do that.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 05:33:58 am »

I've treid uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, Asus AI Suite and Copernic Desktop but still MC18 is desperatley slow and unresponsive. I will try other programs later.

In the emantime here are the logs - I was trying to access a playlist which took about a second. It took 11 seacs for the "Help" tab to open so I could do the log. This is attached - if anybody can spot anything about this probelm i nthe log I'd be very grateful.

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 06:10:27 am »

I've been having a lot of trouble with MC18 notably starting it and using it causes Asus AI Suite to start. Even when I disable AI Suite MC18 runs extraordinarily slow - currently over 10 seconds from clicking "File" before the command works.

I've installed MC18 on my second PC and it runs like a dream - just like MC17 does on my main PC. So the problems must be in the software configuration on my main PC.

Is there an accepted way of testing against a software conflict or is it just rial and error? Removing one program after another until MC18 works properly?

Thanks for any assistance.
Did you try uninstalling the ASUS software?

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 06:18:01 am »

Thanks for your reply Jim. Yes I uninstalled the Asus software, the uninstalled MC18 then reinstalled it - same very very slow response but obviously Asus AI suite didn't start up.

I tried the same routing for Copernic Desktop Search and Kaspersky Internet Security 2013.

No change in MC18's behaviour sadly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 06:19:15 am »

Try turning off auto-import.  Importing from a drive that doesn't exist might cause a problem.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 09:26:58 am »

Thanks for the suggestion Jim.

I've just tried to remove all the drives from Auto Import. I click "finish", get the message "Are you sure you want to continue with no folders selected?", I click "yes", the dialogue box disappears, I click "finish" again and the dialogue box with "are you sure...." come up again. Is there any way out of this loop?

Thanks you for your help again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up