INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Location: Images problems  (Read 1929 times)

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
File Location: Images problems
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:01:14 am »

The Images Folder Rule can't be customized. Every other Folder Rule is customizable.

The [Date] Folder Option for Images uses the date imported, and not the date the photo was taken.

I hope these can be changed.

Thanks.

wig

• MC Beta Team
Re: File Location: Images problems
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 06:57:32 am »

Bump.

I'd really like to use JRiver to acquire images from my cameras, but the [Date] setup makes the 'Skip file if already in library' option pointless. JRiver download the images to a folder with today's date, which means it downloads ALL the images on the camera, including 100's that already exist in the library.

Please give us the ability to customize the file location, or adjust the [Date] option to use the date the image is created.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 07:56:27 am »

Bump Bump.

Am I the only one that considers this a problem?

Is anyone using JRiver to acquire images from their camera? If so, how do you deal with the [Date] issue I described above?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 08:09:36 am »

sorry ... no.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 09:00:51 am »

I think you could use the tool called "Rename, Move or Copy" to do what you want.  You would use it after you acquire the images.

But why do you care?  You can organize your views to give you what you need without organizing your folders.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 09:20:10 am »

I think you could use the tool called "Rename, Move or Copy" to do what you want.  You would use it after you acquire the images.

But why do you care?  You can organize your views to give you what you need without organizing your folders.

Yeah, except that before I can rename the files JRiver has imported 100s of duplicate images onto my computer.

Do you delete all the images off of your camera and phone every time you import them into your collection? I don't.

JRiver has a very nice option in the Acquire Images menu that says 'Skip file if already in library'. But it's useless because of the [Date] problem.

Audio, Ripped DVD Video, Ripped BD Video, Other Video; all these media types have customizable folder rules. Why not Images?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 09:40:07 am »

Yeah, except that before I can rename the files JRiver has imported 100s of duplicate images onto my computer.

Do you delete all the images off of your camera and phone every time you import them into your collection? I don't.
I do.
JRiver has a very nice option in the Acquire Images menu that says 'Skip file if already in library'. But it's useless because of the [Date] problem.
Skip files works for me.  I don't know why it doesn't for you.
Audio, Ripped DVD Video, Ripped BD Video, Other Video; all these media types have customizable folder rules. Why not Images?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 03:34:38 pm »

Possible workaround if the developers are willing to add an option:

Options> File Location> Images> Folder Rule> CUSTOM
Pages: [1]   Go Up