INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Squeezebox control  (Read 1534 times)

jrobson

• Recent member
Squeezebox control
« on: October 02, 2012, 07:31:11 am »

Hi

I've had the old squeezebox application fixed so that it works on MC17.
I was curious if anyone is interested in it?

If you are not familiar the plugin allows you to queue you files in JRiver using the Squeezebox duet controller.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Squeezebox control
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 01:21:03 pm »

I think several of us old SB users have been using the combination of Whitebear, SBS/LMS and MC for a while now and it seems to meet our needs pretty nicely.  There has been active and continuous development of Whitebear (gapless playback, better metadata, etc.) over the past couple of years, and it has proven to be a very nice tool.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jrobson

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:04:51 am »

Hi

I think you are misunderstanging. Whitebear is a front end for the LMS backend, I am talking about using the SB controller as the frontend to MC as the backend.

So you can playback music with MC but control like SB, LMS isn't needed anymore.

The main benefit from this is that it allows you to output music and movies from a single device (HTPC) and allows you freedom in your output mode, high end USB ASIO for instance, small niche group that cares about this for sure.

The next step is to setup keyboard commands from the controller so that the HTPC interface can be controlled as well, it would be nice to roll the wheel and have your movies fly by instead of pushing buttons.

Maybe people prefer buttons, I don't know....

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 10:55:49 am »

I did misunderstand, sorry.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up