INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-import creating problems again...  (Read 1753 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Auto-import creating problems again...
« on: October 02, 2012, 10:33:41 am »

Hi,

In MC 17, I had a problem that suddenly MC decided to rename my videos and change my coverart without asking me first.

If I import new files and MC corrects the name and adds coverart, that's one thing, but just messing up my whole library annoyed me.

After discussing it on the MC 17 forum ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69395.0 ), my understanding was that a change had been brought about:

Good idea.

Next build:
Changed: When looking up movie & TV information automatically as part of auto-import, fields with existing data will never be overwritten (manually running the tool will overwrite existing data).

I disabled Auto-import at the time and never activated it again, since I never use it, so I thought the issue was taken care of.

But has this been changed back? I installed MC 18 yesterday, and it automatically imorted the MC 17 library like it should, so far everything okay. But then today when I browsed my library to watch a Swedish TV series, I noticed that some of the episodes suddenly had English names. I went into the options and saw Auto-import was enabled again!

I thought MC 18 was supposed to import the settings from MC 17? And if the change in the quote above was made, even with Auto-import enabled, the Name field should not be changed when it contains data.

As before, I disabled Auto-import and hope it stays disabled. Even if enabled, it shouldn't make changes to an existing library without at least a dialog so the user can stop it.

Also, when I select multiple files and click "Get Movie & TV Info", populated fields are still overwritten. Can that be changed? For those who wants to update an already populated field, it's very easy to just delete the data from that field first. This applies especially to Cover Art, where if I already added my own, it's very likely that I don't want it changed when looking up additional info for my movies.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up