INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M4P & QuickTime  (Read 1600 times)

rikirk

• Recent member
M4P & QuickTime
« on: October 03, 2012, 05:27:36 pm »

I have few m4p files to convert into Wave under v.18.051, but JR does not recognize QuickTime v.7 it requires to install, neither play it although checked in the file type options . Any suggestion?
On a different note I would like to express my great appreciations for v.18!!! I had jitters issues with the HRT Streamer II that are now completely disappeared. Occasionally, some delay when streaming high resolution at 24bit, without compressing.

Thank you,

Riccardo

rikirk

• Recent member
Re: M4P & QuickTime
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 04:24:32 pm »

Any support on this? Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 04:28:01 pm »

I haven't heard of a problem with QT, but even if it worked, you wouldn't be able to convert the files.  They are protected with DRM.  Apple will sell you DRM free tracks of whatever you purchased.  The price seems reasonable.

rikirk

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:20:43 pm »

Thank you for the reply. I believe the issue is in the codecs. I can open the file with Quick Time v.7 or VLC but I can't get any signal out of it. I am not willing to install ITunes and go through the codecs mess.

Still MC is asking for QT installation which is active, but this might be related to the fact I am running Win8. Anyway, at this point I can live without it.

On a different note, please be informed that occasionally, when I am converting ape+cue into flac, part of the original content is lost (music is skipping in playback). Flac encoder settings are: Quality 8 and verify encoding - add 4k padding block - add seek table flagged.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up