INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize the right panel...  (Read 1853 times)

yannl

Customize the right panel...
« on: April 21, 2002, 12:12:50 am »

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to change the right panel view.
The left panel is incredibly customizable (customize views, smart playlists and so on), so why isn'it the same with the right one (i.e. see songs, SEE ALBUMS only, see cover arts, see artist info and available albums or songs etc.)
Is it planned for a next release, or does it exists and I'm too blind to find it (with MJ, it's often the case, you think stuff doesn't exist and they do ?
Imagine you want to copy some of your full albums on your portable mp3 player, or want to make a playlist with full albums, how can I select multiple albums from multiple artists without losing hours selecting all songs on the right panel ? And then, btw, how do you copy files preserving the directory rules ?

Thanks in advance

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
RE:Customize the right panel...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2002, 02:09:32 am »

nila

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2002, 02:49:24 am »

I think I understand what your asking but I dont see how they could implement it anyway. How exactly would media jukebox know what these multiple artists you wanted to view were??
The best way I can think of you doing this is to create yourself a playlist called: portablePlayer or something
then just browse your songs in Artist/Album view or something so that you can select the full albums from artists easily.
Then just select the whole album for the albums you want to add and either drag and drop these into your playlist or right click and choose to send them to the playlist. Once you have sent it to the playlist once it should make that playlist easily available at the top of your 'send to' list (nice feature guys by the way. I love this feature as it makes it a LOT easier to work with one playlist easily).

That should solve your problem. I dont know what you'd want them to program for you. How else would you specify which albums u want media jukebox to add?

Michael Horton

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2002, 05:54:37 am »

right-click media library and you can customize the view (add new view scheme)

that, combined with the 3 renamable custom categories (which can be added to the customized view scheme) should accomplish what you want

except that you can't sort by, say--files with cover art and those without, or with/without lyrics (which would be nice)

smiling is for wimps

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2002, 07:09:08 am »

customizing the left panel would be great too....i.e. hiding the options in the Org. Tree
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

nila

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2002, 11:54:19 am »

Off Topic:

mhorton - Next time your checking out a girl and she smiles at you go tell her that smiling is for wimps!
You must like it when they scowl at you when your eyeing them up Next Page

Michael Horton

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2002, 01:32:39 pm »

>>>>>>>>>>> your eyeing them up

that's not polite

you should be ashamed of yourself

nila

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2002, 07:12:18 pm »

It might not be polite but the girls seem to love me doing it so just purely for their sakes I wont stop Next Page

Michael Horton

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2002, 07:39:58 pm »

>>>>so just purely for their sakes I wont stop

such conceit

i suspect they're just being polite

Michael Horton

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2002, 07:41:11 pm »

nila

all comments above were in jest

Next Page

yannl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • :-)
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2002, 12:35:06 am »

And so on...
I see too many ;-(
So I use a lot of

But anyway,
My problem remains. I use a lot customize views and stuff, but the problem is that I cannot select multiple albums. In fact, if I could, on the left pane, select more than one album (i.e. Artist / Album view, select Alanis Morissette, Under Rug Swept, then CTRL and click on Vanessa Mae, Storm. So I have the tow albums selected. Then right click and copy files or any other option).
Do you see what I mean ?
And I still don't know how to copy files and keep directory structure.

P.S: All smileys of this message have been deleted to please mhorton sensibility <-- oups this one escaped. Sorry.
Yann L&lt;br>________________________&lt;br>&lt;br>Dans la vie, il faut faire comme le canard;&lt;br>Etre calme en surface et pédaler comme un fou en profondeur (

nila

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2002, 01:39:39 am »

mhorton - Same Next Page
(even though the girls do love me - Oh Yeah Baby!!! Next Page

And as for your problem, Why not just do as I suggested and instead of trying to hold ctrl when browsing through all your files to add new ones, simply move all the selected one to a playlist quickly. Then when u find more you want, add them to a new playlist as well, and just keep doing it.
Thats one of the main reasons I love Media Jukebox - Playlists give you the power to organise your songs however you want and media jukebox makes playlists easy to use and gives a lot of features for them.

Once you've put all your songs in the playlist you can then move them to your burner, to your mp3 player or whever. By using playlists you can also slowly add albums to it over say a week, every time u find a new song u like that you'd like to move accross. You'll also still have the playlist should anything go wrong unlike with Ctrl. The final advantage is that that playlist will stay there until you choose to empty it and start again and so you can do whatever you want with it.

gvag

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2002, 02:42:25 am »

About grabbing entire albums or selected artists to send to a device or playlist.  Maybe I misunderstood but:
ctl-f, click [...]/add rule/album and check the albums you want then Send the results where ever you like.

But it would be nice if you could create a playlist that showed only album names or save and recall search criteria by name.
Pages: [1]   Go Up