INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stretch Mode seems to be broken in 18  (Read 1977 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Stretch Mode seems to be broken in 18
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:39:24 pm »

While playing various Music Videos, setting 1:33 -> 1.85 and setting Aspect to stretch worked perfectly in 17.
On a fresh install of 18 only crop works, the rest have no effect. De installing 18 completely and installing 17 fixes the problem.
Then installing the latest 18, the settings stick. But on a fresh install of 18, the Videos stay Square not 1:85 no matter what you set (except crop, but that decapitates folks.)
I reinstalled windows fresh to make sure it wasn't me. I thought you would want to know :)

Don

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Stretch Mode seems to be broken in 18
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 04:51:10 pm »

Further testing shows it works for MC17 if installed fresh, and still works if 18 is installed too, but 18 doesn't work at all.
Sorry for any confusion

Don

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 07:37:21 am »

Is this not to be fixed? When playing videos that are 4:3 and you press A for aspect, Stretch has no effect.
If you set stretch in options, it also has no effect. Still black bars on the sides. 17 worked, 18 does not. Even 0.55.
This is very important for my Music Video Jukebox, and, playing back "classic" TV.

Thanks, Don

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 08:16:03 am »

I tested some more. Stretch has some effect, perhaps something has changed and I don't know how to set it.
If watching an old tv show, lets say one encoded at 480x480, With no changes set in options, the video plays in a small window surrounded by black bars on all sides. If I Press A until it says "stretch", it stretches the video up until it hits the top and bottom and stops, with black bars on the side, in other words the aspect ratio stays the same, the picture just gets bigger. I want it to fill all sides of the screen (Plasma Burnin is one reason), and I can't make it do it anymore. I have chosen Video Advanced 1:33 -> 1:78 and all the others. I can't get it to fill the screen anymore. No combination of stretch and aspect changes makes a "square" picture fit a "rectangle" TV. In 17 you set both stretch and 1.33->1:78 and every video perfectly filled the screen with nothing cut off.

How do I do that in 18?
Thanks
Don

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 01:28:43 pm »

I don't know either.  But like you I have observed that some of my DVD's no longer fill the screen as much as they did in v17.  Like you I would like the old behavior back.

Matt?

FastKayak / Larry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 02:17:11 pm »

Next build:
Fixed: Stretch mode and aspect ratio overrides were not working properly with EVR.

Thanks for the report.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 03:31:01 pm »

The change mentioned above is in today's build:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75005.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 09:05:02 am »

Awesome!! I want to play with the new Doctor, but it has to be able to play TV oldies.
It works fine now. The Doc is great too. I have no idea how it works, and it is wacky picking Elvis' "Suspicious Minds" Based on Led Zepps Physical Graffiti, but it finds songs I like that I have never even heard before!. I love it.

Thanks alot for fixing this!

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up