INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carrying over MC17 library fields I have created to MC18  (Read 1087 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Carrying over MC17 library fields I have created to MC18
« on: October 04, 2012, 06:48:45 pm »

I have set up several of my own library fields in MC17.  When I install MC18 and before I restore a library I just want to be sure that my fields will come with it. 

Also can my theatre view settings be carried over to MC18 from MC17, and if so how?

Thanks

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
Re: Carrying over MC17 library fields I have created to MC18
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 07:12:14 pm »

Yes it will copy the whole library including fields when you install 18. You don't need to restore anything. Theater View as well.

reedsch

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 09:44:23 am »

In the upgrade process the instructions indicate that under normal circumstances, preferences, option settings, etc. will be pulled into MC18. So once the installation has been verified, is there any compelling reason not to uninstall MC17 (or whatever previous version was being used)? Most software upgrades do this automatically and I'm just wondering if there was a reason why this was left as is.
Thanks

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:35:33 am »

There is no disadvantage to leaving it installed, so I would keep it "just in case". At least till you are satisfied everything works in 18. I usually keep at least two versions on my computers.

18 is not necessarily a stable version, 17 is. 18 is a development release which is more like a beta. JRiver allows users to access its software as it is developed. So as they add features, things may not work correctly although they have a pretty good track record so far. Ver 17 is not being developed except to add fixes so it is quite stable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up