INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding a new feature  (Read 1524 times)

Jared

Adding a new feature
« on: April 20, 2002, 05:53:33 pm »

First of all i realize that there is a wish list to post this kind of stuff on but i already tried that and things seem to get a much better reaction on this board than they do on the wish list.

I think that there should be an option added so that all of the different parts of the tree can be hidden. Many of us only use the music player part of MJ and are more than willing to pay 25 dollars for just a music player. This program is absolutely awesome and manages to always add nice new things and stuff. But as said before, not all of us use the web content, tv veiwer, playlists, playing now, and all of the other parts of the Org. Tree besides the Media library. I also have a lot of friends that come over that are absolutely comp illiterate and always manage to "accidentally" end up on a differnt part of the player and sometimes manage to really screw things up. Now i understand that theres the party mode but thats not really an option because they constantly use the computer and play songs as well. So if there was the ability to hide any or all of the parts of the tree it would greatly reduce headaches and such when i get back to the computer and find it with some weird viz on the screen and 15 differnt options changed. Plus it would make it look nice also......since i dont use them i could just hide them and forget about them. And just to make things perfectly clear im talking about the following parts of the Org. Tree: Start, Playing Now, Media Library, Playlists, Devices, TV Tuner, Web Media.  Me, i would hide all but media library since thats all I ever use. But im sure there are others out there that use other things but still dont use all of them and would like to be able to hide what they dont use. Take care you guys and Thumbs Up on a great latest build

Bryan

• World Citizen
RE:Adding a new feature
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2002, 06:52:21 pm »

I agree Jared..   There used to be some tree customization allowed in version 7 but it has since been removed. I'm not sure why.  I asked a similar question the other day and it was completely ignored, among other questions I've asked lately.    Seems there is quite a bit of favoritism on this board even though it's still a good forum to learn about the product.   It certainly would be nice if users could remove some of the elements from the tree that they don't use.  Maybe we'll see this capability return in a future version.

Good luck!
Bryan

NY40Male

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2002, 07:51:20 pm »

AMEN

gvag

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2002, 08:06:06 pm »

Yes, please.

Also, visualization (and not just with the bar).

Kerensky

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2002, 11:50:31 pm »

I completely agree. In fact I requested such a feature just a few days ago.

yannl

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2002, 12:17:11 am »

yop. That's right, I would also appreciate being able to choose if I want to see stuff or not (especially getting rid of visualisations with a simple option... when I use my old 300Mhz laptop to play songs...

JaredH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2002, 07:10:33 am »

I really hope the developers decide to put this option back into either one of the beta version or the final version of MJ 8
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2002, 08:00:35 am »

This is something we'll consider for the next release.  It's too late to add it now.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JaredH

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2002, 10:36:53 am »

next release as in version 9 or next release as in beta 8???
J. A. Hayslett

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2002, 08:07:07 pm »

Can I just say that if a question doesn't get a reply, please just bump it and not attribute it to "favoritism".  We'll answer, but sometimes it's like getting me to take out the garbage -- I (we) need a little reminder Next Page

> Also, visualization (and not just with the bar).

Why would you want a black screen?  Just hide the visualizations with the bar.  And we canned the option to disable visualizations after Nikolay and I both got flustered and couldn't figure out why our visualizations wouldn't work.  That means we're either clueless or the option is too confusing.  We decided the option was too confusing, but maybe we're just over-confident Next Page

About removing tree items, it'd probably be a nice option.  There are a ton of other things that would be nice options too.  But as Jim has said, at some point, we have to stop and wait for the next version or else we'll never get a release version out.

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JaredH

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2002, 10:42:39 pm »

i understand that also but if thats the case then what kind of time frame are we looking at to get a final release on 8 and betas started on 9???  i know its kind of sounding like ive got no patience.... but it just seems that if the option was there in version 7(albeit not a complete option like im looking for but close to it) then how hard is it to program in the option in 8 before the final release....just wondering...not being pushy...im just curious as to how this stuff works....like do you guys have an actual list of things you plan on getting into version 8 and thats it?? Or is it open for small additions???
J. A. Hayslett

gvag

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2002, 02:08:26 am »

I understand where the programmers are coming from changing the color of a wall is fairly simple moving it back two feet is another matter entirely.

So I just went to Settings/Plugins and uninstalled visualizations.  Went to J River folder and cut everything except Track Info, MusicEx, and the Dlls to a backup folder.

In the Tree List I note that a lot of the nodes are view schemes (which can be removed) and some others do have a Delete option on their context menus.  I'll grow into MJ8 a bit more before I decide but at some point I can reduce the clutter somewhat.

JaredH

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2002, 10:23:54 pm »

hmm....well guys i tell you what....at this rate....youre going to have the most badass player on the market when youre done with all the beta testing....youre almost already there
J. A. Hayslett

Pages: [1]   Go Up