INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Read track failed. Failed to initialise the encoder plugin.  (Read 2951 times)

rustuk

• Recent member
Read track failed. Failed to initialise the encoder plugin.
« on: October 07, 2012, 05:11:53 am »

I have started to encounter the above error message when ripping audio CDs (mainly from BBC Music Magazine as it happens). The first track rips fine but then it aborts on the second.
I am ripping to FLAC on the latest version 14.0.166
I often change the album tag before ripping and wonder if this may have something to do with it.
It is very frustrating - any ideas?

Interestingly if I Edit the disc information and change it to enter different artists for each track it then rips OK.

SEB

Re: Read track failed. Failed to initialise the encoder plugin.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 09:17:17 pm »

I've encountered the same problem when ripping CDs on occasion.  It seems that if the track, artist or album title is too long, it causes this error.  Since you're already editing the tracks before ripping, use shorter track or album names.  You can always change the album/track/artist names afterward, and then use the Library Tools to move the files into matchingly named folders if you care about that sort of thing,

Interesting that this tends to happen with classical CDs.  The nature of track and artist names for those are such that they tend to be much longer than average.

sKiZo

• World Citizen
Re: Read track failed. Failed to initialise the encoder plugin.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 01:13:48 pm »

Old topic, I know.

Recently got into the BBC Music Magazine CDs myself ... some nice stuff there. The older ones with just music content rip fine, but haven't figured out how to get the tracks off their later "interactive" cds.

Poked around a bit, and it looks like all the music is compressed into a MUSIC27.002 file. There's also a CDPLAY27.EXE that of course doesn't work in Windows 8. Popped the disk into my old XP machine, and that allowed the cd to load, and yes, even play the music!

Still can't figure out how to actually rip it to my HTPC though ... Hep me! Hep me please!!

** I guess if all else fails, I can play the tracks directly from the cd and capture them in SoundForge ... I already do that with vinyl ... in fact, I'm doing one right now (Camille Saint-Saens organ/piano - excellent!) and it seems to be working fine. There's no PLAY ALL button, but if you click the first track, it advances and plays the tracks automatically.
Pages: [1]   Go Up