INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accidentally duplicated library (SOLVED)  (Read 1207 times)

SteveR

• Junior Woodchuck
Accidentally duplicated library (SOLVED)
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:03:29 pm »

During several blue screen events yesterday (which is either due to the USB ASIO driver installation for some audio kit or my nvidia card is dying) I hurriedly backed up all of my music files onto an external HDD which I hadvne't done for a couple of months; however during the panic I unwittingly created a copy my music library within the master music library folder, the result of which means I have two versions of every single tack in my MC library. I didn't realise this until after deleting said copy file, a I started to get multiple tagging errors, as now half the files that were in the library have gone. How can I clean this up in the quickest way (without having to individually delete every clones track out of the library!!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Accidentally duplicated library
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:48:02 pm »

Are you saying you have your media files in a folder tree, and a some subset copy of those same media files in the same folder tree?

If so, these duplicate entries are easily removed from MC's database (called the "library").  You can use the Search wizard to construct a query on Filename (path) that Starts with the path to the copy you want removed from MC's database/library.  These files can then be selected and removed from MC's database (select them, and hit Delete, using the Remove from database only option).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

SteveR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 04:11:58 pm »

Yes that's exactly what I had, but have deleted the files from the library folder. I need to delete them from MC library.

I've not used the search wizard, what menu options do I follow?

SteveR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

I simply selected <Files> in the LH menu bar on the home screen, scrolled down to the folder and simply deleted it from the library. Job done.
Now I just have to figure out why my PC keeps freezing up / blue screening  ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up