INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clip protection "gets stuck"  (Read 1380 times)

Gerbrand

• Recent member
Clip protection "gets stuck"
« on: October 07, 2012, 06:06:32 pm »

Hi,

I have been experiencing this weird problem lately: suddenly in the middle of a movie the volume is turned down. I tracked it down to parts of the movie where the clip protection kicks in: when the output hits 100% (as shown in the DSP studio screen) the volume is scaled down. This is intended behaviour, however, it seems as if the volume is never turned back up again.

I have not been able to figure out when this started happening, but it is pretty annoying, since the only thing that solves it is stopping and restarting the movie.

Does anybody know what this could be? I am using the latest V17, but have been experiencing this for the last couple of updates.

Cheers,

Gerbrand

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Clip protection "gets stuck"
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 06:41:21 pm »

This is by design.

Clip protection does not reclaim lost volume for video playback.  This way, it preserves the intended dynamic range as well as possible.

However, MC18 adds configurable 'Adaptive volume' for video playback (Options > Video).  I would recommend the 'Medium' setting if you like lost volume to be reclaimed.  The 'Light' setting mimics closely the clip protection behavior of MC17.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Gerbrand

• Recent member
Re: Clip protection "gets stuck"
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 01:20:50 pm »

Thanks. I will try adjust my settings to ensure that clipping does not happen.

Gerbrand
Pages: [1]   Go Up