INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELPPP!!! I'm unable to fill my 2gig philips gogear SA23XX  (Read 2413 times)

arthrotec

HELPPP!!! I'm unable to fill my 2gig philips gogear SA23XX
« on: October 07, 2012, 09:31:43 pm »

Hi,
I'm having a huge problem using the file conversion and sync features of media jukebox 14.0.166. I have a large (200 cd) library saved in flac format. What I need to do is convert these file to mp3 or wma and then sync them to the device. This works fine except for the fact that media jukebox refuses to transfer any further files once the device is a little over half way full. It converts the file fine and then the transfer just sits there until I give up and cancel the transfer. I've tried everything that I can think of, but I cannot get media jukebox 14 to fill my philips gogear SA23XX. For further information I'm running windows vista and I've tried this using both the external encoder feature and the built in wma encoder. It always give me an error saying that the transfer is to large for the device etc (I'm sure it's using the size of the flacs not the converted mp3 or wma). I then transfer the converted files a couple of albums at a time, but once I get to the point where I have 500 -700 megabites free, it stops and refuses to transfer anymore files to the device, regardless, of anything I do. I love media jukebox and it would meet all of my music need, if it weren't for this annoying problem of converting formats and then sending them to the device. Thanks in advance for your help. I think media jukebox is a great program, but......

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: HELPPP!!! I'm unable to fill my 2gig philips gogear SA23XX
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 03:42:27 am »

How is the device formatted?  How many files are there?  Are they being placed into a single folder?
Can you add files to the device in the same location in Explorer once MC hits this freeze point?
I hit a problem recently with an android device that was formatted with FAT32 and an industrial application.  It turned out we'd hit a limit on how many files that FAT32 could place in a single directory.  That sounds unlikely in this case unless the CD's have hundreds of tracks on, but it could be something similar.

arthrotec

I'm unable to fill my 2gig philips gogear SA23XX
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 08:26:54 pm »

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in responding. Real life gets away on me sometimes. My device is formatted as fat, but I don't think that the formatting is the issue. I was able to almost fill my 2gig player, but I have to do it a little at a time. Media Jukebox is simply not able to estimate the resulting file size before converting the file. Media Jukebox bases its estimate of the device's remaining space on the size of the flac file not on the size of the mp3 file that ends up being transferred to the device. Here's what I have to do to convert and transfer files to my device. If I want to transfer 4 albums to the device and each album is 500 mb in size then media center won't allow it. I have to transfer 3 and then allow media center to figure out that I still have remaining space. Then I have to transfer another album or two and allow media center to re-estimate the remaining size again. By the time I get anywhere close to filling the device I am transferring tracks a couple at a time and I am never actually able to fill the device (the closest I could get to full still left me with 150 mb remaining and it took forever to load the device). I'm not sure that I want to convert all of my flac files to mp3 and store them in another library specifically to load a mp3 player. Maybe there could be a setting that restricted the size of the converted file to 10% of the original file and the device's estimated remaining space could be based on the size of the resulting file. I don't know if that idea would solve the problem or how difficult it might be to implement, but this flaw in media jukebox makes it very difficult to load my device. I'm really not sure if I've explained my difficulty very well, but hopefully somebody might have some suggestions for solving my problem.
Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up