INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Max Volume setting not applied when playback is started  (Read 1051 times)

tomha

• Recent member
Max Volume setting not applied when playback is started
« on: October 10, 2012, 02:39:01 am »

Hi, i´m new to MC and ißm testing JRMC17 and so far it Looks very stable and useful to me.
I´m using kernelstreaming to pass the usb digital out to my m2tech Young DAC. I Need to set the max volume to 90% in MC options to avoid clipping with some blurays. The max volume setting is stored in MC but unfortunately it gets not applied when starting playback. When i open the options Screen, i see 90% Max Volume has been saved but the output signal only gets lower when hitting the ok button.

Seems to be a bug in JRMC17

Is there a possibility to Report buhs to the devs?

Best Regards
Thomas

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Max Volume setting not applied when playback is started
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 06:27:47 am »

Hi Thomas, welcome to the forums.

Please check out the following wiki articles:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

Basically, I think you should use Wasapi event style if that works with your DAC and set to internal volume, but please check out those wiki's as well.

tomha

• Recent member
Re: Max Volume setting not applied when playback is started
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:47:22 am »

Thanks for your hints, but WASAPI Event Style is not working very good with my DAC. It seems to have timing problems sometimes, resulting in crippled, noisy Audio output. By the way, the problem with the max volume setting does exist even when using WASAPI. Volume control in MC is disabled. The max volume setting gets not applied till i open the option menu and press ok.
Pages: [1]   Go Up