INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just installed trial version and need some help  (Read 2030 times)

DanielBMe

• World Citizen
Just installed trial version and need some help
« on: November 03, 2012, 12:09:13 pm »

Hi, I just installed the trial version.  Everything seemed to work well.  Just a few items on my HTPC setup

Windows 7 x64
i5 CPU with Asus MB.  I'm using the HD graphics 4000 on the CPU
I have both MyMovies 4, TMT3 and AnyDVD HD
I'm connected via HDMI to my Denon 3808CI
I have a full 5.1 sound system
I have a library of mostly blu ray and standard dvd all stored in full quality in folder structure. I don't convert to mkv or iso
Most of my music is in flac or wma or wav.  Some of my flac files are 96/24.

Here's what I would like to do.  I would like to bitstream all my movies to my receiver but not sure what I need to select
As well, when playing my 96/24 flac files, I would like to bypass the windows mixer so I can get the full quality to my receiver.  Once again there are so many options I'm not sure what to check.

If I select Bitstreaming Do the Audio settings I select, impact the bitstreaming of my dvd's and blu ray or do they only impact the playing of my flac, wma etc files? 

Here's what I have selected
Audo
  WASAPI
   Output Mode Setting - My Denon Device
Settings
   I left the sample rates all at no change
   For bitdepth I have set to Source bitdepth
   Channels set to 2 Channel Stereo - even though I have 5.1 I assume this doesn't matter since I am bitstreaming.  Is this true?
   No upmixing or downmixing

Video
   Red October HQ
   Hardware accelerated when possible
   Bitstreaming

I'll be running in Theatre View

Also does JR monitor my libraries for new content and is it possible to turn that off?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Just installed trial version and need some help
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 02:51:12 pm »

Our wiki should answer most of your questions.  See the topics on Audio and Bistreaming.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 03:47:57 pm »

Also does JR monitor my libraries for new content and is it possible to turn that off?

Yes, and can be turned off in Options - Library & Folders: Un-check Run auto import in background.

Also in Options - General under import and tagging there is a checkbox to Automatically import files when played.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

DanielBMe

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 04:04:32 pm »

Our wiki should answer most of your questions.  See the topics on Audio and Bistreaming.

Actually I checked the wiki and I honestly didn't see anything on whether the about of channels I select for Audio has an impact on how many speakers I have via bitstreaming.  I did set the audio channels to 2 and I have bitstreaming turned on.  It does seem like all 5.1 channels are working via my receiver output to speakers.  I just want to make sure that's correct?

I have to say I got my movies working and audio as well.  I'm loving the Theater View.  Really digging this over WMC. 

I have one other question.  I noticed that when my audio tracks where imported, almost half don't have any cover art.  However in WMC and FooBar2000 they all had coverart.  Is there a way to rescan all my tracks all at once instead of individually, and do an internet search to find the missing cover art?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 04:09:13 pm »

It may take a little time for the thumbnails to be built.

DanielBMe

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 05:01:48 pm »

Last question for now.  BTW thanks for the help!

I imported a number of folders that contain photos of my trips.  Each folder name is the name of my trip.  Ex, Kenya and Tanzania 2009, Spain 2006 etc

I noticed when I view my images it doesn't sort by the folder name but the file date or name.  How do I set it so it displays the Albums by the folder name?  I checked the wiki but didn't find anything.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 05:02:21 pm »

I don't know how the other programs you used store cover art but it happens that when you move from one program to another some things don't carry over.

Select album view and scroll through the list. When you see one without cover art, right click it, select Cover Art and Get from Internet. There should also be an automatic smartlist with all albums without coverart. YOu can select multiple albums at once and do the 'get from internet' thingy.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 06:11:49 pm »

MC can use the directory names to name the files.  Import options allow you to do this. 

Also try the Library Tool called Rename, Move, or Copy. 

DanielBMe

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 06:20:56 pm »

I don't know how the other programs you used store cover art but it happens that when you move from one program to another some things don't carry over.

Select album view and scroll through the list. When you see one without cover art, right click it, select Cover Art and Get from Internet. There should also be an automatic smartlist with all albums without coverart. YOu can select multiple albums at once and do the 'get from internet' thingy.

Where do I find this automatic smartlist with all albums without coverart? I looked hi and lo and couldn't find anything.  I have way too many albums to do it one at a time.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 02:30:46 am »

Where do I find this automatic smartlist with all albums without coverart? I looked hi and lo and couldn't find anything.  I have way too many albums to do it one at a time.

Under playlists/Smartlists/Missing Cover Art.

If there are really a lot, you may want to do 10 at a time and not a 100.
Pages: [1]   Go Up