INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same cover art gets applied to nearly all songs  (Read 1138 times)

BillyBoyBlue

• Recent member
Same cover art gets applied to nearly all songs
« on: October 12, 2012, 10:26:53 am »

Over the years I've purchased music from various sources including several Time Life collections. I started to go through these and move them to a folder under the Windows main "music" folder under libraries. Since these collections were a series of CD's they have no cover art. MC finds these and play them, BUT for some odd reason with few exceptions applies the same Cover Art, regardless of song, album or recording artist. So I literally have hundreds of songs from every artist from Elvis to the 5th Dimension, getting smacked with the same "The Everly Brothers" album cover.

How come? Can I undo do this obvious error? If so, how. Would be interested to know how this happened in the first place to avoid it happening again.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Same cover art gets applied to nearly all songs
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 02:25:43 pm »

This happens if you put a bunch of music in a shared folder and the shared folder has a single cover art image (often Folder.jpg).

I would recommend organizing your music into Artist\Album folders.  Media Center can help using the 'Rename, Move, & Copy Files' tool.

You can remove cover art by selecting any number of files in Media Center, right-clicking, and using the 'Cover Art' menu.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BillyBoyBlue

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 06:21:02 pm »

OK thanks, that makes sense. I indeed just grabbed a few hundred files that were in one folder just called "my music" and dumped copies in a new single folder.

FelixDaHousecat

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 04:22:47 am »

Why can't MC just read the cover art for each particular file and ignore everything else?
Media Center 21.0.19
Windows 10 64 Bit
JRiver Media Center is soooo good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up