INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 18.0.59 -- Available Here  (Read 31621 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 18.0.59 -- Available Here
« on: October 12, 2012, 03:27:43 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180059.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.59 (10/12/2012)

1. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/Repeat function to get or set the repeat state of the program.
2. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/Shuffle function to get or set the shuffle state of the program.
3. Fixed: DSF files that zeroed part of the last channel cluster could cause an audible pop between tracks.
4. Fixed: Stretch mode and aspect ratio overrides were not working properly with EVR.
5. Fixed: Truncation tooltips were not showing for multi-line values in lists.
6. Fixed: DLNA GetMute needed caching. Was getting called too often.
7. Fixed: The expression FixSpacing(...) better handles quotes, parenthesis, etc.

18.0.58 (10/11/2012)

1. NEW: Added support for OGG files that have more than two channels.
2. Fixed: Linking to a Netflix account could crash after the link was established.
3. Fixed: Theater View's File Info customization dialog could leave orphaned labels showing when switching between fields.
4. Fixed: Customizing the subtitle font in Options > Video was not working properly.
5. Fixed: Multi-line text that got truncated would not draw an ellipsis at the end (like in the Tag Action Window, etc.).
6. Faster: More speed improvements to the television recording / subscription algorithm that runs in the background to evaluate what programs to record.
7. Changed: Television engine detects whether time-shifting has successfully started more reliably.

18.0.57 (10/9/2012)

1. Changed: Updated code signing certificate (please report if UAC warnings show an unverified publisher, etc.).
2. NEW: When registering for an access key or testing an access key, the program will offer to configure the Windows firewall to allow Media Center through (requires UAC prompt).
3. Fixed: User could not manually create a QAM channel.
4. Changed: Switched 'JRiver' to 'JRiver' in the EULA.
5. Changed: Video shifting is limited so that at least a small percentage of the video will remain visible.
6. Fixed: In rare cases, the program could start video playback with a black screen and the video shifted far off the screen.
7. Faster: The television recording / subscription algorithm that runs in the background to evaluate what programs to record is several times faster.

Internal testing build.

18.0.55 (10/4/2012)

1. Fixed: Some DVB-C channel parameters were not parsed during channel scanning.
2. NEW: DLNA: If supported by the renderer, use renderer muting functions.
3. NEW: Added BD quality mp4ts encoding profile. Works great to the PS3. Needs a lot of CPU for realtime rendering.

18.0.54 (10/3/2012)

1. Fixed: Converting audio to ALAC could cause a crash in the last build.
2. Changed: DLNA: SSDP conformance, will allow other devices to better detect MC's server state change upon startup and close.
3. Fixed: Cleanups in http server code.
4. Fixed: Converting multiple audio files at one time could fail.
5. Fixed: Closing the program or loading a new library while converting was not messaging nicely.
6. Fixed: Modulation type drop-down list did not include all choices for DVB-C and possibly for QAM television channel editing/adding tool.
7. Changed: Updated MP3 encoder to LAME 3.99.5.
8. Fixed: If Internal volume was used, then the volume mode switched, in some cases the internal volume could be incorrectly applied during that run of the program.
9. Fixed: Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab was not always switching between tabs.
10. Changed: When the mouse-over view header menu shows, it will activate the view if it's not the active split view.
11. Fixed: When customizing the top and bottom toolbars, the window would not immediately update to show the changes.
12. Fixed: Up / down drop-list navigation was not working while in-place editing.

18.0.53 (10/1/2012)

1. Fixed: Fonts that were not TrueType, like those used by Sleep Timer, could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: In-place editing in a list like DSP Studio > Output Formats would not work properly when clicking away from a drop list.
3. Fixed: Some low sample rate AAC files that didn't explicitly specify SBR would not play properly.
4. Faster: Improved the performance when bitstreaming DSD.
5. Fixed: When bitstreaming DSD using ASIO, the end of a track could stutter.
6. Fixed: DLNA: updateID wasn't eventing properly. This could have prevented dynamic content updates on devices that relied upon eventing for this (instead of polling).
7. Fixed: MC could crash when sending a file to a DLNA zone that vanished during the send.

18.0.52 (9/28/2012)

1. Changed: The border around search suggestions / Play Doctor suggestions is one pixel wide instead of two pixels wide.
2. Fixed: Minimizing the program while playing, then restoring, would cause stale values to be displayed for a little bit in the player bar.
3. Changed: Text outline and drop-shadow is supported on CPU's without SSE 4.1 (by using an MMX assembly fallback).
4. Fixed: Opening 'Visualization Studio' could crash.
5. Fixed: Theater View backgrounds could switch images a couple times when entering a view (probably visually not noticeable, but was a waste of resources).
6. Changed: Updated Simplified Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sauzee

Re: Media Center 18.0.59 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 03:49:49 pm »

Video on data disc. MC doesn't use cover art on data disc for video files (jpg has same filename as video), but it does use the xml.

psam

• World Citizen
Problem with cuesheet (.cue) audio files
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 05:06:04 pm »

The problem persists. MC18 as a server and MC18 as a client, the client plays only the first track of single flac/ape file supported by a proper .cue file. Subsequent tracks skip after 2 seconds.

Foobar plays the file fine. MC18 also plays the file OK from its own library.

Even MC17 client plays the same files from an MC18 server.

This must be something in the client code implementation of MC18.

Hiram

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 11:32:53 pm »

It doesn't seem possible to change the subtitle font.

soundcheck

DLNA - MPEG4TS on Sony Bravia 2011
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 02:57:03 am »

Hi.

The just inroduced MPEG4TS DLNA options won't work at highest and high quality ( I didn't  test the lower level modes)

TV is PAL and Sony 2011.

Movie starts and screen stays black. Might be a serious perfromance issue.

On the same PC Serviio DLNA server works smooth at highest quality (17000kb/s max).

audioriver

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 03:12:52 am »

Please fix the 'can't remember subtitle font' problem.
Windows 10 Pro x64

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 03:22:38 am »

Hello !

Please, help me : Why "Number Plays" is different between MC17 and MC18 ?

Thanks.

Jean-Marc

audioriver

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 05:36:04 am »

Display text won't scroll horizontally.
Windows 10 Pro x64

Sauzee

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 06:58:22 am »

Auto update didn't detect update. Even manual check said MC was up to date (using .55 build). Happened on both my PC's.

ram99999

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 07:46:33 am »

still there is a problem in the arabic language of JMC 18......the letters appear disconnected and unreadable.....plz sir try to solve this problem..................thanks

bv1pacb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 12:42:10 pm »

Auto update didn't detect update. Even manual check said MC was up to date (using .55 build). Happened on both my PC's.

Likewise.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 10:52:38 am »

When converting multiple FLAC files to mp3, Media Center does not always close out the conversion operation, but rather will sometimes leave the CANCEL button in place when it should offer to CLOSE . . . which can leave the user unsure
. . . the game is rigged

cuadedanh

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 11:16:13 am »

bug: still cannot change text base subtitle font :-[ always trebuset (don't support unicode) pls fix it

GuidoW

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 11:41:18 am »

Thanks for adding multi channel OGG, made me buy a license.
There's one problem though, I'm guessing it to be a bug:

Playing back an OGG on a client disables the seek bar.
Seeking forward by remote in Theater View also doesn't work.
The same same file plays fine on the Library Server, shows the seek bar.

GuidoW

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 11:55:28 am »

Another Client/Server issue
Subtitles don't show on my clients.
They're selectable but don't show.
Playing the movie on the server subtitles show as expected.

And, while on topic, can we have subtitles displayed on the black bars
beneath the movie - like xbmc does it?

Thanks.

fridden

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 12:30:37 pm »

Same for me!

/Fridden

MM_switcher

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 02:36:07 pm »

Tools / Options / Audio / Settings / "Disable display from turning off ..."
When checked and window closed is un-checked after re-opening

cmbe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 04:03:41 pm »

Hi,

Video>Subtitle Font, changes still doesn't stay persistent. I am still unable to set Font Style to Regular instead of Bold.

stewart_pk

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 07:37:54 pm »

Using a mouse wheel on the volume slider does not constantly show the volume level.
You have to move the mouse cursor at least a little bit to see the new volume value.
Version 17 did not have this problem.

hishamzr

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 11:11:43 am »

I am testing the MC 18, I am trying to play films from Hulu but I don't get subtitles, and in the context menu->Subtitles there is n/a. when playing in Hulu website I get the subtitles

JohnT

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 09:44:39 am »

I am testing the MC 18, I am trying to play films from Hulu but I don't get subtitles, and in the context menu->Subtitles there is n/a. when playing in Hulu website I get the subtitles

What title are you watching?  I'll try it here.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 09:04:53 am »

When I go to the Artist pane view and select an Artist, then right-click on an Album in the album category pane and choose "Add to Playing Now" the album gets added but the Track order is jumbled.

If I select that album in the files pane below and  "Add to Playing Now" the order is also jumbled.

Same happens regardless of Details or Album Thumbnails view.

Clicking on the Track Number column heading can put them back in Track order but the Sequence Order remains incorrect.

Clicking on the Track Number column heading is not a remedy if multiple albums have been added to Playing Now.

Since I am ALWAYS playing full albums and want them in the Proper play order, this is a major problem for me.

. . . the game is rigged

hishamzr

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 11:26:06 am »

What title are you watching?  I'll try it here.

check the flowing film:

May Love Be Restored (1980)
http://www.hulu.com/watch/196880

will you add support for "amazon instant video" and lovefilm?

Hisham

locust

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 08:00:37 am »

In the commands area of remote control in options, sorting by the column command isn't working. The arrow vertical arrow appears when clicking, but doesn't do anything.

It is making it quite difficult to work with custom commands as commands with similar names are all over the place

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012, 02:33:00 am »

I just noticed the jriver temp path had changed back to the default path on c: while I set that to e:\data\jr temp.

12 oct 2012 is the newest file in my jriver temp folder and 12 oct is also the day that 18.0.59 came out. I always update immediately. Could it be this version (accidently?) reset that option back to default?

amdismal

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 10:11:51 am »

When I go to the Artist pane view and select an Artist, then right-click on an Album in the album category pane and choose "Add to Playing Now" the album gets added but the Track order is jumbled.

If I select that album in the files pane below and  "Add to Playing Now" the order is also jumbled.
Since I am ALWAYS playing full albums and want them in the Proper play order, this is a major problem for me.

I find it a major problem too.

There is a workround, in that clicking on the first track in the album list that has all of the tracks (which appears by default below the panes in that view) adds all tracks in order.  However, I too would expect that the 'play album' command would play the tracks in order.

GuidoW

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 09:57:18 am »

Multi channel OGG playback
The channel mapping is quite wrong

here's some channel id files, flac ok, ogg a mess
http://ul.to/0j4e31bp

Musicman300000

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 07:42:44 pm »

I Still want to know why no matter the version I still get nothing to play in 3D Album mode when I just click play & will not shuffle my library when I do select something. It will only shuffle the album I selected.

jack wallstreet

18.059  For my system, my auto-import folder list did not carry over and it appears the configure settings did not.

More importantly if I try to change the configure import settings, I can chnage them in the configure diaglog box but one I close out of that, when I try to close out of the options dialog box, MC hangs.  When I force close MC and reopen, the new settings appear to be there.
John

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 01:19:47 pm »

With .59 build, auto import did not include data from the "Date" field when importing my FLAC library.  6,000+ files missing dates now.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 05:12:20 pm »

In addition to the faulty playback order I posted above . . .

Adding a random full album using a Radio Button or Smart List also results in the album not playing back in proper track number order.
. . . the game is rigged

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 07:35:35 am »

When I switch to Theater View I am no longer logged in to my Hulu Plus account.
I can be logged in within Standard View but the log in does not carry across to Theater View.

Please address this.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up