INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Amazon Video be set up to be accessed via MC Theater View  (Read 7484 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Can Amazon Video be set up to be accessed via MC Theater View
« on: October 13, 2012, 10:38:36 am »

I use Netflix now. I would like to add Amazon Prime (streaming video). How do I set this up so I can select and play these movies/tv-shows without leaving Theater View? Is there a sort of "Netflix app" availble for the Amazon service to integrate Amazon and MC?

I'm not sure if Amazon provides a "download now - play later" feature - if so, would I see these movies in my Theater View if I monitor the folder Amazon downloads to? I'm still learning about this, but the Amazon site is lacking on specifics on how to use their service the way I want to.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can Amazon Video be set up to be accessed via MC Theater View
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 08:34:34 am »

Amazon does allow you to download movies that buy or rent (using their unbox application), but I have not been able to get them to play in Media Center.  Amazon uses PlaysForSure or PlayReady DRM.  I have found an application that allows me to remove the DRM for the movies that I have purchased, but there is a reduction in quality.  I don't have Amazon Prime, so I don't know if they allow you to download.  I have been messing with this for a while, but I still don't have an acceptable solution, if you find something, I am very interested.

Not much help, but that is what I know,

Alex

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 09:09:02 am »

I don't have Amazon Prime, so I don't know if they allow you to download. 

"You have unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows, included with your Amazon Prime membership at no additional cost."

streaming being the operative word here
. . . the game is rigged

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 03:59:41 pm »

Thanks for replying. I thought this posting was going unanswered.
I have found a way to add to add Amazon to my selections in Theater View (add website) but I can't control anything with my mouse (I can't make a selection or move around the Amazon "My Watchlist" screen unless I use my cordless keyboard/mouse). It's not as userfreindly as the Netflix app in MC - but its a start.
I guess I need to program my remote somehow to work inside the Amazon screen. Once I get a movie streaming, I can't stop or pause it without the keyboard/mouse. My remote (Harmony 550) does nothing (like it does with Netflix).
Thanks.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 06:51:02 pm »

As I mentioned, I rip my amazon purchases.  However, I also use google play for some things and they only allow streaming of video.  I am hoping that they youtube api develops enough to allow us to use the youtube interface to watch google play videos.  They already playback in you tube, but they wont play in MC because of the DRM.

Anyway, for streaming video, I am have programmed my remote to send the appropriate keystrokes to the browser for play/pause, fast forward, rewind, and full screen.  I still need the keyboard to select the video, but once it is running, I can use the remote for pause, etc.  Also, for anything that I own/ want to add to my list of movies, I create a batch file that calls that website.  I add the batch file to MC and tag it as a movie.  I can download cover art, etc, but when I select it to play, the batch file minimizes MC, runs my browser, and navigates to the correct page.  At that point, I can use the programmed keys to go full screen, etc.  The batch file is only really useful for streams that you want to add to you library.

Alex

ivb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 05:08:34 pm »

Also, for anything that I own/ want to add to my list of movies, I create a batch file that calls that website.  I add the batch file to MC and tag it as a movie.  I can download cover art, etc, but when I select it to play, the batch file minimizes MC, runs my browser, and navigates to the correct page.  At that point, I can use the programmed keys to go full screen, etc.  The batch file is only really useful for streams that you want to add to you library.

Alex

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm wondering if/how I can hack together a method to play google play movie streams from inside MC. What exactly is in that batch file? Would you mind listing it here?
Pages: [1]   Go Up