INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible for MC to stream video to an iPhone?  (Read 1298 times)

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
Is it possible for MC to stream video to an iPhone?
« on: October 15, 2012, 09:45:17 pm »

I have been using MC to stream to my PS3 for years, it works really well.  I just purchased an iphone5, and was wondering if there was a way to use MC to stream to the iPhone.  I already found an app called NetPortal (now replaced by FileBrowser) which lets me see all my shared files on my PC.  Most of my videos are in Divx format, which is not supported by the iPhone.  So if I could get MC to serve them up, could I use the convert-on-the-fly features in MC so that I could watch them on the iPhone?

Thanks,
DD.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is it possible for MC to stream video to an iPhone?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 11:09:09 pm »

Try a fantastic little app called Air Video. It's well worth the very affordable price.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 05:33:17 am »

I can vouch for Air Video. Very good app.

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 09:14:54 pm »

Air Video is the dog's bollocks!  It took me less than 5 mins to get it going and I am watching vid on my iphone streamed from my PC.  Tks.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 01:47:15 am »

Air Video is the dog's bollocks!  It took me less than 5 mins to get it going and I am watching vid on my iphone streamed from my PC.  Tks.

You're welcome. As you know, with Air Video you're confined to the folder structure of your video files. I wish one day, MC will have the same capabilities and will work well with our libraries/views/playlists etc. The cool thing about Air Video is that it works from anywhere as long as our upload is fast enough.

rjm

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 10:10:03 am »

You're welcome. As you know, with Air Video you're confined to the folder structure of your video files. I wish one day, MC will have the same capabilities and will work well with our libraries/views/playlists etc. The cool thing about Air Video is that it works from anywhere as long as our upload is fast enough.
I agree. For me this is the one and only killer feature missing from MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up