INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.68 -- Available Here  (Read 5438 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 18.0.68 -- Available Here
« on: November 05, 2012, 09:42:06 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180068.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.68 (11/1/2012)

1. Changed: The keyboard / remote volume keys would not work even when Media Center had the focus on Windows 7 + Intellitype or Windows 8 (seems like a Microsoft bug with a surprising workaround, so feedback appreciated).
2. Fixed: The memory playback option could cause troubles when playing a SACD.
3. Faster: Improved the performance of DST decompression (used with DSD files).
4. Fixed: MP4 files (including ALAC) created in MC were not properly tagged, resulting in some applications not being able to read the tags.
5. Changed: When starting playback of a saved Playchart, the program plays in Play Doctor mode.
6. Changed: When playing a playlist that contained random results (Playchart or smartlist) from Theater View, the same list could play each time unless you navigated to a different view to force a refresh.
7. Changed: Added the expression TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) to output 'Season 1', 'Season 2', etc.
8. Changed: Season artwork will be used when a category is based on TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) (if you reset your Theater View views in the last couple builds, please do so again).
9. NEW: When manually doing a bulk lookup of TV or movie metadata, the process runs in a background thread and shows progress in the Action Window (instead of blocking the main program).
10. NEW: When manually doing a bulk lookup of TV or movie metadata, control is offered for whether it should get images, metadata, and/or replace existing values.
11. Fixed: Bluray and DVD logos were not appearing in the bottom right corner of Theater View flow views when connected to a library server.
12. Fixed: In certain cases, Convolution would not engage properly when configuring it for the first time ever.
13. NEW: Convolution optionally searches for the best match configuration file based on the input format and uses it if a better match is found.
14. NEW: The OSD shows format information below languages.

18.0.67 (10/31/2012)

1. Changed: Revised the default 'Series' view in Theater View so that shows without a series name use the program name (instead of all being lumped into an 'Unassigned' bucket).
2. Fixed: An empty expression could display as an error (only applies to the last few builds).
3. NEW: Added support for 'Sony Pictures Digital Wave 64' (.w64) audio format.
4. Fixed: Removed "Recently Watched" category from Netflix since it's not available from their API anymore.

18.0.66 (10/30/2012)

1. Changed: Formatting of the short date format (used in Theater View and elsewhere) respects the year, month, day order system setting.
2. Changed: Updated simplified Chinese language file.  Thanks kelijun.
3. Changed: Improved the file info template that's shown for a Netflix TV series in Theater View.
4. Fixed: The custom star character introduced in build 65 could draw with a circle around it.
5. Changed: Video playback from a URL works better with filters like LAV that read, seek back, seek forward, and read again (so really aren't seeking at all).
6. Fixed: Serving from a UNC / mapped drive could fail if the drive needed a mount (like right after a reboot).
7. Fixed: Remote zones could cause shutdown of Media Center to be slower than necessary.
8. Changed: Playback of Blu-ray with Library Server would take around 20 seconds before showing the error 'Blu-ray playback over Library Server is not supported' (it still isn't supported, but now the error shows right away).
9. Fixed: In cases where LAV could not return the position or duration (like during some URL playback), position or duration values in the player bar could show unexpected values.
10. Changed: When skipping navigation levels that only contain one choice in Theater View, the title at the top shows the text of the item you picked instead of the text of the skipped item.
11. Changed: Revised default Theater View views for television (merged 'Series' and 'Season' views, use 'Season 3' instead of '3' at the season level, sorting is by season, episode, etc.).
12. Fixed: Theater View could show '0 minutes' for short videos instead of something like '15 seconds'.

18.0.65 (10/29/2012)

1. Fixed: If a time-shift (DST, BST, etc.) occurred in the middle of EPG data, it could cause programs to appear at the wrong time.
2. Changed: Netflix API url changed to api-public.netflix.com because the old one (api.netflix.com) is going away on November 7.
3. Fixed: When a TV Show does not have a time as part of it's date, it would show 12:00am in Theater View.
4. NEW: Theater View captions can use the variables [AllSameSeries] and [AllSameSeason] to change the caption based on the context of the list.
5. Changed: Lots of tuning to Theater View captions and file info templates, especially for television (shows season / episode, has watch marks, etc.).
6. Changed: Tweaked formatting of some expressions like TVInfo(SizeDisplay), TVInfo(SeasonEpisode), and others to use more concise syntax.
7. Changed: Added date formatting tokens 'shortdate' and 'shortdatetime' used in Theater View.
8. Changed: The Watched() expression function takes an optional mode, and mode 1 returns a numeric code useful for caption expressions.
9. Fixed: Drawing of partially transparent text onto other partially transparent backgrounds was drawing the new text with too much prominence.
10. Changed: Added expression function Delimit(...) to output a value and a delimiter but do nothing if the value is empty (so If(IsEmpty([Track #]), , [Track #].) becomes Delimit([Track #], .)).
11. Fixed: Television engine could load a channel of wrong type which would prevent a correct channel from being played.
12. Changed: The font engine uses a custom image for the star character so that it will work with any font.
13. Fixed: OSD "Adding required components..." was not displayed when television engine downloaded components.

18.0.64 (10/26/2012)

1. NEW: Theater View file captions are part of the File Info Template system so are more easily customizable (sorry, but this requires a reset of File Info Template customization).
2. Fixed: The DSD encoder was not accepting 192KHz input.
3. Faster: DSD encoding is faster.
4. Changed: Theater View offers a Russian keyboard (thanks to Nickolay V).
5. NEW: Added RatingStars() expression to return the rating as star characters.
6. Fixed: The display of actors and other list fields for Netflix movies in Theater View was not formatted properly.

18.0.63 (10/25/2012)

1. NEW: Added DSD encoder with support for 1x and 2x DSD stored in a DSF file (encoding uses 64-bit data path, JRiver's audiophile-grade upsampler, and 7th order noise shaping + dither).
2. NEW: Added the ASIO option 'Play silence on pause (instead of performing a hardware level pause)' to workaround devices that don't nicely pause or resume.
3. Fixed: Lyrics was truncated to 255 bytes when tagging mp4/m4a files.

18.0.62 (10/25/2012)

1. NEW: Added the ability to output 32-bit integer (configure with DSP Studio > Output Format > Bitdepth).

18.0.61 (10/24/2012)

1. Changed: Updated simplified Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
2. Changed: Sometimes a channel identifier could change in the automatic EPG loading system and cause the channel to no longer load guide data.
3. Changed: Changed jump behavior when starting a television channel that is currently being recorded.  If user starts from the channels list, playback jumps to live time.  If user starts a program in Guide, or the jtv file that is currently recording, playback starts at the program start time or bookmark (if exists).
4. Fixed: Pressing escape to close a dialog could crash in some cases.
5. Changed: When an edit control on a dialog has the focus and is being edited, the escape key will stop editing and a second click of escape will close the dialog.
6. Fixed: The print preview dialog was not showing the preview.
7. Changed: Television jtv source filter notifies downstream decoder filters about format change on channel switching, even if it did not detect any audio or video format changes.
8. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.84.3 when using Red October HQ.
9. Changed: Updated [LAV filters to .52.
10. Fixed: If the rip action window was closed by clicking the 'x' rather than the 'Close' button, the secure rip log would not be shown.
11. Changed: Simplified conversion cache settings in Options / File Locations.
12. Changed: Turned on one extra log entry in television time-shifting writer filter.
13. NEW: SACD ISO playback uses gapless mode instead of exactly honoring the track offsets in the disc table of contents (which might not be perfectly gapless).
14. Changed: When editing an auto-import folder, it's possible to change the path (so you no longer have to remove all rules and add them again to switch drives).
15. Changed: Added new media sub-types: Music, Ringtone, Educational, Stock, System, Photo, Book.
16. Fixed: Left / right arrow navigation to flip between panes was not working.
17. Fixed: Drag-n-drop was not showing a nice drag image when dragging from a list.
18. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/EditPlaylist function for moving or removing tracks from the current playlist.

18.0.60 (10/16/2012)

1. Changed: Updated simplified Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
2. Fixed: Blu-ray title menu would not show up again after switching titles.
3. Fixed: Font for text-based subtitles would not change to the one selected in options.
4. Fixed: Changes to "Option Tools / Options / Audio / Settings / Disable display from turning off" would not "stick".

18.0.59 (10/12/2012)

1. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/Repeat function to get or set the repeat state of the program.
2. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/Shuffle function to get or set the shuffle state of the program.
3. Fixed: DSF files that zeroed part of the last channel cluster could cause an audible pop between tracks.
4. Fixed: Stretch mode and aspect ratio overrides were not working properly with EVR.
5. Fixed: Truncation tooltips were not showing for multi-line values in lists.
6. Fixed: DLNA GetMute needed caching. Was getting called too often.
7. Fixed: The expression FixSpacing(...) better handles quotes, parenthesis, etc.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.68 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 10:10:31 am »

1. Changed: The keyboard / remote volume keys would not work even when Media Center had the focus on Windows 7 + Intellitype or Windows 8 (seems like a Microsoft bug with a surprising workaround, so feedback appreciated).

Still doesn't work for me with Win8 Pro 64bit. Neither with my MediaCenter Remote nor with the ThinkPad Volume Control Buttons. Both worked fine some time ago.

Both now "only" control the default audio devices volume.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 12:14:59 pm »

18.0.68 (11/1/2012)

13. NEW: Convolution optionally searches for the best match configuration file based on the input format and uses it if a better match is found.

MC crashes when this option is ticked on or off. On restart, the new choice is remembered.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 01:00:48 pm »

musepack tagger still uses MEDIA JUKEBOX: prefix on user created tags.

Skogkatt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 02:03:42 pm »

18.0.68 (11/1/2012)

It is not clear to me what this option is supposed to do. My (faulty?) logic tells me it should choose automatically a convolver file sampled at the same sampling rate used by the
audio file played: I provided two convolver files, respectively sampled at 44.1 kHz and 192 kHz and tried to play music files at both sample rates but MC uses always the last imported file.

The other two possibilities that come to my mind are:

1) MC expects to read a text configuration file (like Convolver at Sourgeforge) which tells what is the path to each convolver file by sample rate.

2) Like for the above mentioned Convolver, MC optimizes automatically the computation algorithm.

Please, could you explain what exactly this option does and how we should use it properly?

Many thanks

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 02:21:39 pm »

It is not clear to me what this option is supposed to do. My (faulty?) logic tells me it should choose automatically a convolver file sampled at the same sampling rate used by the
audio file played: I provided two convolver files, respectively sampled at 44.1 kHz and 192 kHz and tried to play music files at both sample rates but MC uses always the last imported file.

The other two possibilities that come to my mind are:

1) MC expects to read a text configuration file (like Convolver at Sourgeforge) which tells what is the path to each convolver file by sample rate.

2) Like for the above mentioned Convolver, MC optimizes automatically the computation algorithm.

Please, could you explain what exactly this option does and how we should use it properly?

Many thanks

This is currently setup to read the cfg files generated by Audiolense. You could also rename existing cfg files to end with xxxx5.1_48 or xxxx7.1_882. Matt explained a little more in the Native JRiver 64bit fp convolution engine for Room Correction thread:

"Next build of MC18:
NEW: Convolution optionally searches for the best match configuration file based on the sample rate of the input and uses it if a better match is found.

We're supporting the formats like:
xxxx2.0_441
xxxx5.1_48
etc.

The regular expression is:
^(.+)(\\d{1}.\\d{1})_(\\d{2,3}).cfg$

Which outputs:
Name
Channels
Sample rate

If there are other naming formats people would like supported, please let me know."

Skogkatt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 02:50:15 pm »

Mojave thanks!

I do not have Audiolense but have the capability to generate convolver files for each sample rate.
My comprehension of the expression "^(.+)(\\d{1}.\\d{1})_(\\d{2,3}).cfg$" is practically zero, sorry  ?, so it would be much easier
to see posted a text example that can be edited using my (your) parameters.

My wish was to have a simple GUI where to link the appropriated convolver file for each sample rate. Until now we had a button to
search and link the convolver file: my proposal would be to have N buttons, one for each sample rate.
This might simplify life for 2.0 (stereo only) people not using Audiolense. Audiolense users can continue to use their configuration files
for multichannel and electronic XOver. :)

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 03:13:07 pm »

The cuelist problem persists.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75385.msg511127#msg511127

Which email address do I send a logfile to, please?

Thanx!

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 06:55:07 pm »

Hi Matt,
In another thread concerning SACD, you said that it might be possible to do decompressing multi-threaded.  Is that implemented at this point, or not ?

I ask because a 2.2ghz dual core processor is evidently insufficient to keep up with the requirements.  I know that many current model "fast" machines have a quad core that is even less than 2.2ghz, because the current trend is to use less power and generate less heat by using many cores that are slower.   So, multi-threading support would seem to be a must for any cpu-intensive process in general.

This is just my 2 cents (and I don't have much insight into the specifics of the decoding going on here), thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 07:29:08 pm »

Hi Matt,
In another thread concerning SACD, you said that it might be possible to do decompressing multi-threaded.  Is that implemented at this point, or not ?

Have you tried this new build?

It has these two:
Fixed: The memory playback option could cause troubles when playing a SACD.
Faster: Improved the performance of DST decompression (used with DSD files).

If you still have troubles, please post in the other thread (or start a new one) and we can dig a little more.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 07:40:56 pm »

Yes, you are absolutely right that someone might be posting in this thread because it was on top, not because they had installed 68, and I have seen that a lot.
But I had installed 68.
The relevant SACD ISO buffering thread is in the MC17 Forum, so I will start a thread here.

justsomeguy

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 10:53:19 pm »

I'm still not able to skip/seek in a video on a server client setup. When I try and jump forward in the video it either begins playback of the next file in the playlist or begins playing the current file from the beginning. Audio will seek just fine.

mindz

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 05:24:33 am »

I updated to the latest version, with the latest MadVR and LAV. The latest MadVR and LAV are now able to handle DVD decoding and rendering/viewing. But when i start a DVD in Media Center it automatically choses Microsoft, Line21, EVR etc as decoder/renderer/splitter. How do I enable DVD decoding and playback via LAV and MadVR? Ofcourse I am using Red October HQ etc.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 08:06:15 am »

How do I enable DVD decoding and playback via LAV and MadVR? Ofcourse I am using Red October HQ etc.

It's on our list, and should be coming in a couple weeks.

Thanks to madshi and nevcairiel for their work here.

mindz

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 08:32:57 am »

Great! Ill be patient :). Thanks for the reply.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 12:17:26 pm »

Hi !

The link "Remove duplicates from Playing now" dont work with files DSF !

Please fix it

Thanks, Jean-Marc

zagor

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 08:57:16 am »

MC couldn't read and play ALAC files converted from other lossless formats.
Error message is saying that : 'The file could not be opened for read access (error 5)'.
mp3 files and the files converted to ALAC directly from the CD's are fine.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 09:28:48 am »

MC couldn't read and play ALAC files converted from other lossless formats.
Error message is saying that : 'The file could not be opened for read access (error 5)'.
mp3 files and the files converted to ALAC directly from the CD's are fine.

That message sounds like the file is stuck open by some program.

What are you using to create the ALAC files?

If it's all MC, what happens if you restart MC?
Pages: [1]   Go Up