INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7.2.280 does not tag files when using external encoders  (Read 809 times)

Darwyn

7.2.280 does not tag files when using external encoders
« on: April 19, 2002, 09:25:12 am »

When I rip CDs and encode with and external EXE command line such as MPPENC or FASTENCC the tags are left totally blank. Can someone else verify this who still uses the last final release? I also have 7.2.272 but that locks the program up if you select External.

Sentient

• Recent member
  • AerospaceSpace, Folk Music
RE:7.2.280 does not tag files when using external encoders
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2002, 09:39:26 am »

I rip and encode using the external lame encoder.  My tags seem fine.  I use 7.2 downloaded about 2 months ago. (probably 280, but I am not in front of that machine)

Good luck.
Sentient,

and darn proud of it.

Darwyn

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2002, 09:55:00 am »

Sentient,

Thank you for the input. The problem appears to involve the mpegplus format. Evidentally the tagging is done through the in_mpp.dll which is not in place and seems to not want to load. I get a notepad popup and a warning telling me to select a file to play. Guess it has to be manually installed in the plugin manager. Never was like that on builds last fall. Anyway tagging still not working after configuring the playback plugin for MP|PLS| files.

Darwyn

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2002, 10:01:50 am »

OK,

Now tags show up for MP|PLS| on Media Jukebox but nothing on Winamp. The IN_MPP.DLL are very different. Winamp is 68.5K and in MJ it is 228K. Is this plugin using a different tagging format now??
Pages: [1]   Go Up