INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track start delay in library client with uncompressed - 24 Bit encoding  (Read 1019 times)

desa

• Recent member

I have a PC running a library server and a client attached to it using the library server key.

I configured the client to force the server to always convert audio (Client Options -> Audio Conversion -> Conversion: Always convert audio) to uncompressed WAV (Client Options -> Audio Conversion -> Encoder: Uncompressed).

In this configuration everything works as expected and starting or changing tracks takes less then a second, with any sample rate from 44.1 to 192 KHz. It would be fine if it didn't truncate 24 bit samples to 16 bit.

So, I changed the encoder to 24 bit (Client Options -> Audio Conversion -> Encoder: Uncompressed - 24 Bit) and problems began: now starting a track takes from 4 (5 min. 16/44.1KHz track) to 60 (9 min. 24/192 track) seconds, depending - not linear - on track length and sample rate. The behaviour is also a bit inconsistent as sometimes tracks start very quickly, just like they did with 16 bit encoding.

A 60 factor cannon be explained with raw transfer numbers, but I took some network measures just in case: copying a 2.8 GB files from server to client takes 44 secs.

A bug?

Update:
I also installed a third-party UPnP Server (Asset UPnP) on the same PC running the Library Server and I forced it to convert all contents in WAV 24 bit format. Pointing the MC client to this server gives no problems or delays with any sample rate and bit depth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up