INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the "best" or "best accepted" client/server configuration?  (Read 1136 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe

If I have a server PC running MC with a library on it, all views (standard, DLNA, web services) configured exactly how I want them, all media files stored on a NAS, and I then want to install a client PC in another room that uses the central library and may want to use Theater View on the client for movies but an iPad app like JRemote for audio, I'm confused as to all the options...

For example, have the client connect to the server's library therefore I would use the client directly for Theater View but it would actually be accessing the server's library? Or would I connect JRemote to the client and control it directly, or would I connect JRemote to the server and control the client as a zone? Or do I sync the client's library with the server?  Or what are the other options?  What's "best" for stability, less network traffic, etc?

Play files locally would also be good bet since the files would be on a universally accessible NAS path.
Pages: [1]   Go Up