INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: duplicate tracks  (Read 999 times)

mstulken

• Recent member
duplicate tracks
« on: October 21, 2012, 07:09:10 pm »

I've just loaded a downloaded a file onto my computer and the source location has only one copy of each track, but in JRiver I am getting duplicates of each track. Is there a quick and simple way to clean this up? I've had this happen a number of times in the past month and I would have thought there would be an easy right click to do this, but can't seem to find an obvious fix.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: duplicate tracks
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 07:25:16 pm »

You should only get duplicates like this if there are multiple copies of a file, or multiple paths to the same file.

In a File list, add a Filename (path) column, and compare the paths of what appears to be duplicate files.  If you see that the duplication is due to importing the same set of files via two different paths (eg. a windows drive path vs. a UNC path), you can sort by Filename (path) and remove the redundant items.  And remove the extraneous auto-import entry (Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import...).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mstulken

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 07:31:46 pm »

thanks for the quick response. I assume i had the usb memory stick still plugged in after I transferred the files to my music server computer and based on what you are saying, it probably read it twice.
regards,
mike

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 07:50:44 pm »

Just for clarification, if the path to a file is the same as an existing path to a file in MC, MC won't add new entries. So, duplicates won't occur by re-importing the same file repeatedly.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up