INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album tagging not all in english, some in chinese  (Read 1041 times)

Jovi1964

• Recent member
Album tagging not all in english, some in chinese
« on: December 15, 2012, 12:31:20 pm »

Hello,
I've been using J River MC for about 2 weeks.  I'm still learning how to maximize the product.  I'm having an issue with the tagging of my albums.  It seems that ~ 3/4 of my 1,200 albums are tagged in english (which is what I want) and the remainder are displayed in chinese.  Assistance helping to correct this is greatly appreciated.

bannonb

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Album tagging not all in english, some in chinese
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 03:02:12 pm »

I ran into this one time only...

I was acquiring mp3s for an entire single album from some nefarious source...ahem...

I found that certain tracks' metadata was strange chinese characters and even larger fonts than usual.

I changed track titles but still had problems.  I finally bought the CD so I could rip and get the metadata right.

If fully 1/4 of your library looks this way, then your situation sounds vastly different.  If you have the CDs you might try to re-rip. 

If your track names look proper in other media players then it probably isn't the source file and I will defer to the MC18 experts.

BannonB
------
BannonB

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 10:10:56 am »

Please use this thread now:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76722.0

Any details you can provide would be appreciated.

It appears that it is a WAV only problem. 

The source of the files may matter.

There was a 3TB drive problem reported that may be related.  That would probably not be an MC problem.

Jovi1964

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 07:31:02 am »

Unfortunately it seems the quickest solution was to re-ripp the 200 ISOs.  Fortunately there was only a handful that I didn't have ISO'd.  It took two nights of work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up