INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anti reflex screen protector  (Read 1466 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Anti reflex screen protector
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:47:39 pm »

I love my TV but I hate the glossy glass front. It mirrors everything and during dark scenes I'm looking at myself more than anything else.

Is anyone familiar with something similar to this anti reflex screen protector?

I've been looking at it, I want to believe it but I'm so afraid it's snake oil. I am familiar with the old 3M screen protectors, they worked well but they also took away a lot of brightness. They were good for bright offices and monitors turned towards light sources (windows) but those old 3M screens would not be good on my TV. The ones in the link seem to be completely transparant.

Anyone know these or maybe has one?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Anti reflex screen protector
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:19:42 pm »

I ordered one, came in today, I just installed it and I'm left with mixed feelings.

It does its job and takes away virtually all reflections. But because the bezel of my TV is a few millimeters out and the screen protector doesn't install flat against it, it leaves quite a bit of space between the actual TV screen and the anti reflection screen. On top of that, the anti reflection screen buckles outward a bit too and because of that, it blurs the image, more in the center than on the edges where its closer to the TV. When I push it in, the blur completely dissapears.

So it can be good, very good even, it just isn't because it sits too far off the screen.

I need to either make it buckle inward and make it stick closer to the TV screen or I need to take a saw at hand and make it fit inside the bezel, so it can sit flat against the glass. I would actually prefer the latter but I don't have the space nor the tools to do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up