INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harmony Touch?  (Read 1340 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Harmony Touch?
« on: October 26, 2012, 04:22:35 am »

Any user experiences, particularly with MC usage?

shAf

Re: Harmony Touch?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:53:01 am »

I don't like the Touch and will probably replace it with the Harmony One.  For one thing, accessing 'devices' for controlling specifics (e.g., sleep mode for TV) is darn near impossible.  Also, the touch screen is difficult to use if you like to fast-forward until the commercial ends, then play.  That is, it is difficult to hover your finger over 'Play', which is different than a "button" remote and waiting to push the 'Play' button.

The touch screen on the Harmony One offers plenty of functionality and device specific access is only 2 clicks away.

HTH  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Z0001

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 02:10:52 am »

Thanks for the feedback.  Any user experiences with using the touch screen gestures to operate your kit such as skipping  a movie forward or scrolling through theatre view?  Seems to me that if this remote is IR then the use of gesture might feel a bit odd since you'd have to point the remote at your kit and it worries me that the gesturs might be a bit jumpy.

pcstockton

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 10:23:55 am »

I personally ONLY use the touch screen on my One for changing activities and very few specific functions, e.g. Listen to Music" activity has one item on the touch screen "Input Toggle".  This allows for a quick swap between the HDTV inputs for MC and the Trailblazers game on TV.

I map all other functions to the hard buttons.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: [1]   Go Up