INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to automatically rename/move files after auto import?  (Read 1553 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
how to automatically rename/move files after auto import?
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:25:20 pm »

Hi,

I really like how Carnac can automatically figure out various details about the video files. It works remarkably well for most TV Episodes and Movie videos that I have encountered. The TV Episodes are typically imported from one specific folder (where new TV episodes appear as they are recorded).

I typically like to organize the TV Shows in a specific structure - TV Shows\Show Name\Season <#>\Episode <#> - <Episode Title>.mkv. I have set-up a preset to move TV Episodes in this hierarchy by doing "Library Tools -> Rename, Move & Copy Files". I have to regularly run this preset on all new video files that get imported to properly organize these TV recordings.

I would like to automate this process by running some sort of "post auto-import" automated action. But, I cannot figure out how.

For example, I would like to say: after auto-import from a specific folder, if Carnac was successful and certain other conditions are met (e.g. Video files belong to TV Shows etc.), automatically apply the following preset for rename, move & copy files.

Is this possible to do? If not, such a capability would be cool. It could be more general to allow one to automatically organize one's pictures while they are imported, music etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Osho

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: how to automatically rename/move files after auto import?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 01:51:50 pm »

I would like to automate this process by running some sort of "post auto-import" automated action. But, I cannot figure out how.

I don't think you can, but I'd really like some sort of tool like this too.  I'd want it for more than just Renaming files, though.

What I really want is something like SageJobQueue.  In particular, I'd like to be able to do this:

When new files of certain types (and categories) come in, I'd like to schedule them to be automatically processed by a variety of external scripts.  So, for example...

1. MC imports a new TS file recorded by my HD-PVR.
2. It gets imported immediately, and if [Series] is not equal to (certain transient shows I'm not going to keep anyway), it gets queued to be processed by...
3. A VideoReDo script that I have that does the stream quick fix and then remuxes the file to MKV.  Do this in the middle of the night.  (You could do commercial cutting and stuff like that as part of it too, if you wanted.)
4. Then (and this is the key part and hard part), MC's Library entry for that file gets changed from the original TS file to the new MKV file, and the old TS file gets deleted.

I could do steps 1-3 easily if I didn't want to import the files into MC immediately.  I could process the files in a different folder, and then move them to a watched folder when done.  But what about when I want to watch a show right after it finishes airing?  I want MC to see the files immediately, but I don't want to lose my library data about the files and import new duplicates when the MKV gets created.

Plus, I'd like to be able to "trigger" this command conditionally depending on metadata in MC's Library.  Like I said, I want to process The Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire, but not BBC News or The Daily Show, which are just going to be deleted in a day or two anyway.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 09:51:02 pm »

+1. I have been thinking about my need for such a capability recently. In my case though, the 'mover' needs to be activated after proper tagging of the files. I think I'm going to need help with some expressions soon.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 03:44:51 am »

you can do a lot with these 2

Autotagger (apply data on playlists) and run commandline
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51193.0

SQLmytunes (you can do almost anything with this)
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56405.0

the link to autotagger is dead, but i have the file
MT5FR

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 01:39:10 pm »

I don't think you can, but I'd really like some sort of tool like this too.  I'd want it for more than just Renaming files, though.

What I really want is something like SageJobQueue.  In particular, I'd like to be able to do this:

When new files of certain types (and categories) come in, I'd like to schedule them to be automatically processed by a variety of external scripts.  So, for example...

SageJobQueue seems really interesting - it would be great to have something this flexible and programmable for MC18.

Thanks,
Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up