INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD/Bluray Symbol Not Displaying in Theater View Mode On Clients  (Read 16099 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen

Hi, I am having a small issue regarding the movie type identification in Theater View mode on library clients.

When scrolling through the movies in Theater View mode on the server there is a DVD or Bluray symbol in the bottom right hand corner of the screen to denote the media type for that particular movie.
However, on the clients, this symbol doesn't appear. I have been through the settings and I cannot find anything to turn this on or off.

I know it's only a small thing but I have some movies in the library as both Bluray & DVD versions because one of my clients isn't able to play back Bluray smoothly so I have to go into the movie details to check the resolution to see which version it is.

Is there a setting I have missed somewhere to turn these symbols on or is this a bug or something.

Many thanks

Russell

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Re: DVD/Bluray Symbol Not Displaying in Theater View Mode On Clients
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:42:25 pm »

As there havn't been any suggestions about this maybe I didn't make it quite clear what I was on about so here are a couple of screen captures to highlight the issue.

This is the cover view as displayed on the library server showing the DVD (or Bluray) logo in the bottom right:

...and this is the same view as displayed on any of the clients and the logo is missing:

This is the same on all clients and I have been through the menus and cannot find anything to turn this on or off.
I never used MC17 so I don't know if the same thing happened with that version. Could this be a bug.

If anyone has any suggestions or opinions on this I would be very gratefull

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 03:45:01 pm »

Are your files in the original Blu-ray or DVD structure? I just checked some of mine and it looks like it only shows if they are the original structure. If I have converted to MKV, then there is no symbol.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 07:25:52 pm »

Are your files in the original Blu-ray or DVD structure? I just checked some of mine and it looks like it only shows if they are the original structure. If I have converted to MKV, then there is no symbol.
Yes, they are all in the original DVD/Bluray structure. As I said, the library server is displaying the logo fine but the clients are not.

I have just done a test by creating a local library on the client machine but still pointing to the same media files on the network and the logos are showing up correctly. As soon as I connect to the server library the logos are not there any more. In both cases the path stored in the library to the media files are exactly the same using a full unc path

eg. \\MediaServer\Movies\moviename\.........

So I am completely baffled by this.

Could someone else who runs with a library server confirm if they have these logos displaying on the client machines please. At least then I would know if it is just me or if others have the same issue.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 08:31:05 pm »

They don't show on a client, but I don't know why.

We'll take a look.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 02:48:50 am »

Thanks Matt,

At least I know it's not something I've set incorrectly. Thanks for looking into it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 02:20:09 pm »

Next build:
Fixed: Bluray and DVD logos were not appearing in the bottom right corner of Theater View flow views when connected to a library server.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 02:35:58 pm »

Next build:
Fixed: Bluray and DVD logos were not appearing in the bottom right corner of Theater View flow views when connected to a library server.
That's great news, thanks very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up