INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions regarding Netflix  (Read 2657 times)

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Questions regarding Netflix
« on: October 27, 2012, 07:45:01 am »

We have just this last week got access to Norwegian version of Netflix. I was really looking forward to run it through MC! But first thing I noticed is that the movies and tv shows found through the search function was different from those found through the Netflix web site (.no domain, not .com).

I have a Norwegian user account, and have never had a US account. What Netflix library is accessed through MC? Shouldn't it be the one I have signed up for?

Also, is it anyway possible to start this service from standard view? I do not normally use Theater View, simply because I by far prefer the standard view.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Questions regarding Netflix
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 08:45:54 am »

Same here in Denmark. Just got it a week ago.

How did you get to see any movies in Theater View. I can connect my account under services in options, but when entering Netflix in Theaterview I see nothing.

Did you check the additional catagories you can enable under Netflix in services?

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 08:52:18 am »

Jim, also in Sweden  :)
MT5FR

Trumpetguy

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 12:03:36 pm »

You would need to configure your Netflix account with user name and password under Options-Services. It is possible to configure Theater View menus in Tools-Options. There you can add Netflix e.g. on same level as Videos. I was looking for a similar way to start Netflix service in Standard View, but no luck so fra. Is it possible?

And to my Scandinavian friends, are you able to find the same material through MC as in Netflix directly?

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 01:32:58 pm »

I have done exactly as you describe. When I enter Netflix in Theater view it unfortunately empty. I am in Denmark, so it may just be different here compared to Norway.

I don't think you can access any of the online streaming services in Standard view I'm afraid.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 02:49:48 pm »

I don't think you can access any of the online streaming services in Standard view I'm afraid.

I really cannot see the reason why. Is standard and theater views two different things? Up to know I thought Theater was a layout thing....

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 02:00:24 am »

In Finland also and yes the collection is different from what I get with Firefox. Descriptions are in english etc.

audunth

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 04:33:24 pm »

In Standard View, right click Connected Media under Video -> Featured Websites, select Netflix and it appears under Connected Media. When I click on it, the Netflix website appears. I imagine the video content gets played through MC like Youtube does, but I don't have a Netflix account so I can't test it.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Trumpetguy

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 05:41:47 pm »

In Standard View, right click Connected Media under Video -> Featured Websites, select Netflix and it appears under Connected Media. When I click on it, the Netflix website appears. I imagine the video content gets played through MC like Youtube does, but I don't have a Netflix account so I can't test it.

Thanks, this worked somewhat. But it seems to be almost like playing directly from Netflix web site, and audio is not routed through MC but to default audio output.

Also, I just found out that from Theater View, I am only able to find contents (which is unlike the website contents), but  I am not allowed to play it. Seems like MC Theater View Netflix is locked on US.

Conclusion so far: Not possible to use Netflix through MC and get MC's audio and renderer benefits as long as I use my Norwegian account.

EDIT: Please prove me wrong...

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 05:50:45 pm »

The only way to get Netflix audio to route through JRiver's DSP (even in the U.S.) is to use the loopback.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 07:03:22 pm »

The only way to get Netflix audio to route through JRiver's DSP (even in the U.S.) is to use the loopback.

We watch everything in Theater View. Is there any way that loopback could be triggered while in Theater View, but only for Netflix? I would really like to use Netflix, but not if it's too cumbersome for my Wife.

Thanks for any ideas.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up