INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 24 Bit Playback  (Read 799 times)

Sage

24 Bit Playback
« on: April 18, 2002, 07:30:45 am »

I have a question about setting up Media Jukebox to play 24 bit quality sound files.
I am using this soundcard from Logic Audio the EMI 2/6 it can play 24 bit files.
Here is the URL for technical information:

http://www.emagic.de/english/products/hardware/emi26.html

I go into Media Jukebox settings,  Options select playback.
I select wave out double click settings and select the EMI 2/6 my soundcard hit ok
and the select my bit depth and select 24 bit. I try to play something and get the
error message "Make sure that your system has a valid playback device and that it' s
properly configured in Media Jukebox playback options. Double check the output mode
output device and output bit depth." Well I though I did that already? Am I doing something
wrong? I thought Media Jukebox could playback 24 bit audio? Or do the files have to be 24 bit
for it to play back? I'm using version 8.0.248. Thanks. Sage.

Sage

RE:24 Bit Playback Repost
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2002, 09:19:24 am »

I posted this reply but never got an answer. I'm sure someone must know the answer help!

I have a question about setting up Media Jukebox to play 24 bit quality sound files.
I am using this soundcard from Logic Audio the EMI 2/6 it can play 24 bit files.
Here is the URL for technical information:
http://www.emagic.de/english/products/hardware/emi26.html

I go into Media Jukebox settings, Options select playback.
I select wave out double click settings and select the EMI 2/6 my soundcard hit ok
and the select my bit depth and select 24 bit. I try to play something and get the
error message "Make sure that your system has a valid playback device and that it' s
properly configured in Media Jukebox playback options. Double check the output mode
output device and output bit depth." Well I though I did that already? Am I doing something
wrong? I thought Media Jukebox could playback 24 bit audio? Or do the files have to be 24 bit
for it to play back? I'm using version 8.0.248. Thanks. Sage.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:24 Bit Playback
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2002, 10:00:05 am »

Hey Sage,

Sorry if we missed this.  Things have been crazy with MEGA-ME skinning's comeback and all.

About the 24-bit playback, it should work if you select "24 bit" from the Options -> Output Bit Depth.

And since that's not working, I'm not sure.  What O/S are you running?  And could you try disk writing a file in 24-bit mode, and then try playing that file with another program (like Winamp or similar) to see if that works?

We'll test 24-bit playback on our end as well, and let you know.  It's possible that something got broken.

Thanks and take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up