INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giants win in 4!  (Read 929 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Giants win in 4!
« on: October 29, 2012, 10:18:27 am »

Pitching and defense always (almost) beats hitting.

Much better than last year (St. Louis and Texas) which both had lousy fielding...

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Giants win in 4!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 11:08:02 am »

Yesterday, we were out doing errands.  The city was abuzz with score updates.  When we returned home after a full day, we sat on the couch to unwind and relax with the patio door open letting in the cool breeze...

... and then it happened.

We heard the cheers and yells from across the valley.  "The Giants must have swept the Tigers", I said.  Then firecrackers, followed by fireworks.  The celebrating and congratulatory blasts continued for an hour.  This is one happy Bay Area.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

bob

• Administrator
Re: Giants win in 4!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 11:26:49 am »

My son is a A's fan, I like them both. On our nearly annual trips to the bay area (we have relatives and friends there) we catch some games. We've seen several A's / Giants games, almost all in Oakland since it's easier to get a ticket. I love the good natured ribbing that goes on in the stands :)
One of the games we were at in S.F. Eric Byrnes hit for the cycle, the only time I've ever seen that.

I remembered one time coming out of the Coliseum and some of the fans were saying the thing they could both agree on is "beat LA".
It's too bad we didn't get "Battle of the Bay II" this year, it really would have been fun :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up