INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Identity crisis: FLAC files showing up with "WMA Lossless" in compression field  (Read 1192 times)

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen

I made the decision a little while back to switch from ripping my CDs as WMA lossless to FLAC.

I'd already got a lot of music in WMA lossless, and so recently I've started converting them over to flac. At first, I was doing it by defining a folder as a handheld, and then I realised that the format converter's actually now a lot better than it used to be. So I started using that.

However, I've noticed that quite a lot of the converted FLACs have "WMA 9.2 lossless" in the compression field. I opened the files up in notepad, and it does look like they are genuinely FLAC.

I'm not sure if it's all the files that were converted using the format converter, but it seems likely. I was using the option to replace the files in the library, deleting the original.

Is this just a case of the database and the files being out of sync? would "update library from tags" be the answer?
If so, looks like this might be something that can be improved in the format converter.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen

"Update library from tags" didn't help anyway...
Pages: [1]   Go Up