INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foreign Netflix account  (Read 2330 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Foreign Netflix account
« on: October 31, 2012, 06:19:48 am »

Hi,

Netflix has now come to Norway. If I sign up, will MC work with a Norwegian Netflix account, or does it only work with a US account? In Options - Services - Manage Netflix account, I can't see any possibility to set country.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

MrHaugen

Re: Foreign Netflix account
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 08:17:43 am »

I tried it very briefly during this weekend. It looked like it worked. Kind of. Some of the views was either populated very slowly or not at all. But mostly it seemed to work. I had to stop watching it rather fast because of the sucky quality though. Do not take this report as an accurate test, as I were pretty deep in my Jean Phileux congnac bottle at that time :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

audunth

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:17:40 am »

Okay, thanks. Keep me posted if you try it any more, MC integration is the ONLY reason I consider getting a Netflix account. I know they have a one month free trial, but I don't wanna waste a free month if it ain't working.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 12:00:12 pm »

MC integration is the ONLY reason I consider getting a Netflix account.
My sentiments exactly. They keep sending me "please come back to us" emails, and I keep telling them "only when you work with J River" but they won't listen. Their loss.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 04:31:13 pm »

This is more or less the same as I wrote about in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75287.0

It seems that there is - with my Norwegian account - a large difference in the catalogue available through MC and directly from Netflix. I really cannot understand why, maybe you JRiver developers can?

My experience is that quality of the few crime tv shows I have watched so far is as good as my ordinary tv quality. Good colours and detail. I have not so far tested movies and compared with bluray. My fiber line into the house is 30/70 Mbps, and I have set my account to the best possible quality. Netflix claims that the quality is adaptive, and is supposed to start close to crappy and get better if your bandwidth allows it.

audunth

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 07:48:32 am »

After some time, I decided to give Netflix a try, only to see that MC indeed only links to the US version, which means the content specific to the Norwegian account cannot be accessed through MC.

This should be solved with a language option under Netflix, same as the one we already have for Wikipedia. That way MC will be able to connect to Netflix.no/.se/.dk etc. instead of Netflix.com .
Cheers,
Audun

My system:

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 09:37:39 am »

I'm sorry, but the Netflix API that we use does not support international Netflix users. We and many other developers have asked Netflix to change this policy but they've done nothing.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up