INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image handing not working correctly  (Read 809 times)

BillyBoyBlue

• Recent member
Image handing not working correctly
« on: November 02, 2012, 01:11:10 pm »

I sometimes wish to change file names so they appear in better order for things like a slide show or also tweak them by adjusting things like levels in other programs like Photoshop. Either often results in MC not processing the changes.

Two examples. I just wasted 10 minutes TRYING to change file names on one of six files in a folder. I have both MC and Windows explorer open. If I change the file name in Windows Explorer it is not always updated in MC. I see the file order either remain unchanged in MC or the file I changed has an X indicating it is deleted, (it wasn't) in thumbnail view when it fact it just had it's name changed. If I switch to detail view I see the file name hasn't changed.

If view the list as thumbnails it shows the OLD file name but if I hover over the file it might show the changed file name but the thumnails don't update. This also happens if I just adjust the file, like in Photoshop and resave it with the same file name. I click on the refresh option in MC which has no effect.

How can I force MC to update both the actual file if I change names in another application and how do I force MC to update it's thumbnails to reflect current values?  What's curious is it works sometimes doing what I explained, but not other times. Like right now changed the file name of a simple .jpg file four times, no matter what I change it to, MC refuses to update it to it's new name. I'm using the latest version of version 18.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Imagine handing not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 01:18:55 pm »

In the auto import settings you can set the check box for Update for external changes, then run the import.
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

BillyBoyBlue

• Recent member
Re: Imagine handing not working correctly
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 10:18:56 pm »

Thanks! That seems to have been the problem. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up