INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Season Art (RESOLVED)  (Read 2719 times)

steelman1991

• World Citizen
Season Art (RESOLVED)
« on: November 02, 2012, 06:34:42 pm »

Using build 18.0.67 and suddenly my cover art for Season view has disappeared.

Appreciate much work has been carried out with Theatre View captioning, however what is now required to enable this. I have painstakingly collected these images manually and would if possible like to use them.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Season Art
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 06:39:33 pm »

Please see my post under the current release....

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75385.0

It should be fixed soon.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 06:50:00 pm »

Hi Ken

Am I missing something or do you have a split personality - I can't find any posts there from you. It is late mind you.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 07:02:29 pm »

ahh yea.. sorry about that ..

From the right thread...

"I figured the Season Cover Art out.. I had run into this before. If there is an expression for Season, the cover art will not show. If you set it to Field Season it will.

If you use an expression in a field it messes it up. I did something a while back and used an expression in a field and could not get the cover art to show and it made me a bit frustrated.

I am sure Matt can work this out."

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75263.msg511035#msg511035

Ken

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 06:41:59 am »

ahh yea.. sorry about that ..

From the right thread...

"I figured the Season Cover Art out.. I had run into this before. If there is an expression for Season, the cover art will not show. If you set it to Field Season it will.

If you use an expression in a field it messes it up. I did something a while back and used an expression in a field and could not get the cover art to show and it made me a bit frustrated.

I am sure Matt can work this out."

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75263.msg511035#msg511035

Ken
Hi Ken, would you mind explaining this a little further please. I have just updated to version 18.0.67 but have lost my season posters.

What exactly do you mean "If there is an expression for Season" & "If you set it to Field Season it will".

Sorry for my seeming a bit dim and it is probably very simple but I'm not sure what you mean by those two statements.

Many thanks

Russell

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 09:29:19 am »

No Problem..

In the current build if you go to Options - Theaterview - Customize file info panel
Then under Templates you choose the TV Show template with the drop down box, then click Manage - Edit template,
You will see an expression for the Regular section. This is what is causing the Season art work not to display.If this expression is removed and instead just the Field Season
is inserted in there the cover art will come back. This has been reported and addressed.

In the mean time you could just put Season in there.

Also note that the Season is now displayed as  "Season 1", not just 1. So I had to rename all my Season art work from "Foo Show - Season Season 1" to "Foo Show - Season 1" since I already had my Season set to show "Season 1" instead of just a number 1.

Ken

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 11:42:22 am »

Thanks very much for that explanation Ken.

However, I am still having problems getting the season posters to show. This is what I have in the template after following your guide:

Could you confirm if this is correct please.

The problem is that I am still only getting a frame grab as the season thumbnail instead of the season poster as I was with release 18.0.63. I am however getting "Season 1", "Season 2" etc instead of just "1" & "2" now which is good. If only I could get my season posters back.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I have no idea what.

Thanks

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 12:12:47 pm »

That looks correct. Are your files named "Show - Season 1" ?

Ken

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 06:17:24 pm »

No joy either for me with this workaround - thanks Ken for attempting a solution - will wait for revised build with resolution.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 07:34:45 pm »

Did you guys RESET your theaterview?

Also what is under Shows in the Items To Thow tree for theaterview in the Details for Season?

Ken

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 11:09:54 am »

Thanks for all your help Ken, unfortunately I stuill couldn't get the season posters to show. I did reset the views a few times but still no joy.

I was going to give it another go tonight but I saw that version 18.0.68 has been released today so I installed that and suddenly everything is showing correctly. The season posters are showing along with "Season 1", "Season 2" etc.

So everything seems good at the moment.

Thanks again for all your efforts,

Russell

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 03:45:47 pm »

Thanks for all your help Ken, unfortunately I stuill couldn't get the season posters to show. I did reset the views a few times but still no joy.

I was going to give it another go tonight but I saw that version 18.0.68 has been released today so I installed that and suddenly everything is showing correctly. The season posters are showing along with "Season 1", "Season 2" etc.

So everything seems good at the moment.

Thanks again for all your efforts,

Russell

+1 - thanks for the assistance Ken, like Russell the new build nailed it for me.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 04:07:15 pm »

Glad to hear it worked out. I am really enjoying the new Caption setup.

Ken

Pages: [1]   Go Up