INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonos Integration  (Read 1582 times)

alexhenes

• Recent member
Sonos Integration
« on: November 03, 2012, 12:40:39 pm »

I recently installed Sonos devices in my home.... absolutely loving it.  I have used MC years and years... but have found myself using the Sonos PC, iPad and Droid apps for controlling music. The Sonos apps integrate to services like Spotify etc.  It is nice to have my music library along with these types of services in one place and the ability to control music in any room from any device.  I am still using MC to manage my music library... but not for control and playback.

Questions... Can MC be used as the player/controller for my Sonos network?  Does MC support music services like Spotify?  Are there plans?

Thanks

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sonos Integration
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 06:27:53 am »

If this is true: https://plus.google.com/+VolkerWeber/posts/8Qt2mGb43KG#+VolkerWeber/posts/8Qt2mGb43KG
Enable the Media Network in JRiver and the Sonos should be visisble as a Zone in Playing now

csimon

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 08:44:01 am »

alexhenes

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 09:39:12 pm »

thanks for the pointer to this post.  looks like it might / might not work.  with that said... Media Center has become more of a library editor and manager for me and the Sonos apps are my controllers.  The Sonos apps not only have the integration to the Sonos network... they also have seamless integration to Spotify, Pandora and countless other services. 

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 07:28:38 am »

seamless integration to Spotify, Pandora and countless other services. 

That is what I'm missing as well. The lack of Spotify integration is really a downer imo. At least here in Europe. With a flexible plugin architecture that works both in standard view AND theater view, it would be easy to let the users add such services them self.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up