INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Genre of "Foreign"  (Read 1057 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Movie Genre of "Foreign"
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:05:24 pm »

I know it's probably built-in to the movie database, but it seems the vast majority of the British movies I import automatically get the genre "Foreign". I have to then go in and remove this manually - it can't be done in bulk I believe as the Genre property is a list item and it's not possible to just remove one genre from a group of items (as far as I know).

The genre "Foreign" is meaningless to a large part of the world. Is there any way to stop this from coming through or, more generally, perhaps it might be a good suggestion to set up a blacklist of genres that should not be imported?

csimon

Re: Movie Genre of "Foreign"
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 01:45:18 pm »

For example, describing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Sound of Music, and Black Beauty as Foreign is just wrong!

MrHaugen

Re: Movie Genre of "Foreign"
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 02:14:57 pm »

I agree. For everyone outside the US this is very wrong. It will probably not be that meaningful for all US citizens either. Genre is not dependent on countries. It should be a keyword instead. But manipulating certain tags from an online source like that.... Hmm. I don't know. Sounds like a thing to take up with the theMovieDB guys instead.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up