INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View and automatic display refresh rate change  (Read 1499 times)

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View and automatic display refresh rate change
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:43:53 am »

I prefer to watch 24p at 24Hz, and automatic switching from 60Hz to 24Hz works just fine from standard view. Not from Theater View, which means I have not used Theater View. There are a lot of users in this forum that apparently use Theater View as their main UI. Have you figured out how to make auto-switch possible, or is this just not a concern?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View and 24Hz display refresh rate
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 02:45:56 am »

What exactly is the issue? Does it stay black or doesn't it switch? Something else at hand?

It should work fine but I did have an issue myself too with automatic refresh rate switching from Theater View. My TV would stay black every so often when it had to switch.

Turned out I had the Tools/Options/Video/Display Settings/Default set to 60Hz and not Desktop settings. Check whether you have set that to something specific or to desktop settings. Also check the Windows OS refresh rate setting and set the same number in Tools/Theater View/Advanced/Framerate.

I had both set to 60Hz while the Windows refresh rate was 59Hz. I choose Desktop settings under automatic refresh rate switching and 59Hz for Theater View/Advanced setting.

Trumpetguy

Re: Theater View and 24Hz display refresh rate
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 03:07:20 am »

What exactly is the issue? Does it stay black or doesn't it switch? Something else at hand?

It should work fine but I did have an issue myself too with automatic refresh rate switching from Theater View. My TV would stay black every so often when it had to switch.

Turned out I had the Tools/Options/Video/Display Settings/Default set to 60Hz and not Desktop settings. Check whether you have set that to something specific or to desktop settings. Also check the Windows OS refresh rate setting and set the same number in Tools/Theater View/Advanced/Framerate.

I had both set to 60Hz while the Windows refresh rate was 59Hz. I choose Desktop settings under automatic refresh rate switching and 59Hz for Theater View/Advanced setting.

Thanks for quick reply!  ;D And sorry for a not too well described problem, I have edited my first post somewhat.

The problem is that I want to have 60Hz desktop refresh rate, and auto-switch to 50, 24 or 23.976 for video playback depending on material. And this works just fine from standard view. Desktop is set to 60Hz and Default in MC Options/Video is set to Desktop settings. Theater View has up to now be set at 30Hz, so I will try and change this once I get my projector fired up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up