INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Needed to Successfully Import ALAC Files to JRiver  (Read 1172 times)

kramnotwen

Help Needed to Successfully Import ALAC Files to JRiver
« on: November 04, 2012, 09:45:44 pm »

Hi guys,

I am totally new to JRiver but am an experienced iTunes user.  I have 35,000 Appless Lossless tracks that I wish to import to JRiver but unfortunately a large number are being imported as Unassigned even though all of the metadata is accurate and complete.  The folder structure is:

External HDD name >  Music > Artist Name > Album Name > Track Number and Name (eg. eGo > Music > Dire Straits > Brothers In Arms > 01 So Far Away

I would appreciate any help that you can provide as I a big fan of JRiver and would really like to establish a robust and accurate library.

With many thanks,

Mark

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help Needed to Successfully Import ALAC Files to JRiver
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 11:27:44 pm »

Based on the information you provided, I can't tell you why the database fields were not filled out.

You should be able to get MC database field values from the folder and file names.  Select a few files and right click on them.  Choose the "Rename, Move & Copy..." command.  Fill out the templates and click OK.  The Artist, Album, etc. fields should now be populated for the files you selected.  Once you are confident in how this works, you can select a number of files having "Unassigned" field values and get the database fields filled out for all the selected files in one operaqtion.

Bill

Pages: [1]   Go Up