INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't reinstall MC  (Read 2519 times)

lcdlover

• Recent member
Can't reinstall MC
« on: November 07, 2012, 11:54:28 am »

Hello. I'm the happy guy who with >450,000 music files who I think Matt helped with what turned out to be a conflict with G-Force lately. Anyway, recently the main (C) drive in my computer crashed. The repair shop replaced bad drive (C) and reinstalled the OS (windows 7) and moved all files and programs formerly on C to a new (3TB) drive (F). Now there are icons for my former MCs (not on the desktop, buried in the old folders) that I have purchased (MC12 MC15 and MC17). I can't locate my libraries. When I click on the icon the install wizard commences. That's when the real weirdness starts. The windows for the install processes are incomplete with the instructions or information blank, incomplete, or garbled. Often there are ??? where words should be. I click on the buttons anyway and crashes occur such as :

APPCRASH
  Application Name:   InstallWizard.exe
  Application Version:   12.0.221.0
  Application Timestamp:   46609752
  Fault Module Name:   JRTools.dll
  Fault Module Version:   12.0.283.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   46609727
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00004aa3
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   1aa8
  Additional Information 2:   1aa84c5899acbabe4b8d69190d9978c9
  Additional Information 3:   b44f
  Additional Information 4:   b44fe7a66d3aa146b55ba1e3f34d7d6a

This also happens similarly when I download direct from MC (this site)

Please help I can't live without my MC!!!!!

lcdlover

• Recent member
Re: Can't reinstall MC
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 12:54:09 pm »

This is Barry again.  The auto-install failed also - said "failed to load file associations file. This is a fatal error" Then shut down. The read licencing agreement is blank and the keys which i guess should read (accept) (back) (cancel) have & && &&&& instead

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 01:10:58 pm »

lcdlover

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 01:46:38 pm »

There are no libraries to restore. They are missing. There is no working version of MC on my hard drives anymore just fragments of files or file folders. When I download MC17 from your site, or try to open an old copy from an MC.exe file (which do remain)  the above happens (extract files but cannot install, as above). Please help.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 01:53:28 pm »

If you downloaded MC from our site, and it won't install, then Windows may be broken.

lcdlover

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 08:50:37 am »

There must be a way to test that, as I've had no difficulties other than this installation problem. Does anyone have any additional ideas? Are there any possible work-arounds? I'd be willing to pay for an upgrade or even a brand new copy!

lcdlover

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 12:00:11 pm »

Is there any way other programs could cause an incompatibility? The computer shop threw in a bunch of stuff in addition to Windows inc Microsoft add-ons (if that's the right term) like silverlight, live upload tool, and a bunch more. I called them (the computer repair shop) but they don't want to help me either, they kept calling MC "river". I don't know of any other program which can organize music like MC. Another thought is that could this be due to 64bit vs 32bit somehow? Just fishing here now? Any thoughts out there?

lcdlover

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 12:16:38 am »

Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   InstallWizard.exe
  Application Version:   12.0.221.0
  Application Timestamp:   48d27dc6
  Fault Module Name:   InstallWizard.exe
  Fault Module Version:   12.0.221.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   48d27dc6
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0000fa8f
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   1d12
  Additional Information 2:   1d12f4de354246eff536f8daeb82332c
  Additional Information 3:   337a
  Additional Information 4:   337ad39cf1f7705581c6eeee3c3aa050

Read our privacy statement online:

AAAA This is crazy frustrating. I downloaded old versions and what do you know MC11 worked! Then it shut down because it would not match up with any of the mjr files I have:

[removed]

Okay I somehow got MC10 to work!!! But, it won't update and says I have 30 days... any ideas yet??

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 09:55:47 am »

lcdlover

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 01:04:03 pm »

Hi again. I'm trying different things. I can't use the restoring a license because i cannot install MC>MC11 and mine are good for MC14, MC15 and MC18 (don't know what happened to 17 that's the one i used currently). I tried installing in safe mode - same deal. Again it kept saying:"failed to load file associations file. This is a fatal error" Also something like "please ensure that the file JRImage or JPImage.dll is not in use."  I tried a microsoft fix for windows installer - no luck there either.

How about if I use my car computer inside and set up a install on a portable (external or flash ) drive and use that inside? I never have gotten that "portable install" option to work in the past however - it says machine not licensed - worth a try tomorrow tho' I'll let you know.

Right now i'm importing files to the unlicensed MC11 but I really want the MC 17.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 03:28:00 pm »

You may need to reinstall Windows.

lcdlover

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 01:54:55 pm »

This is Windows 7. I went to advance recovery and reinstall windows is not an option (only has return to factory settings...nah). How about upgrade to Windows 8 - $40 from Microsoft for download? Is this an elaborate process better performed by an expert (in other words, should I just return the computer to the shop who did the work?)

lcdlover

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 09:15:37 am »

Hey after weeks of trying to reinstall MC after a computer repair and drive swap and new OS (an apparently buggy Windows 7 pro , did not extract MC properly see above) - SUCCESS!!! I have used the "install to portable drive" option and finally have MC18 up and running and correctly registered (so long as I have the portable drive on), and my (only 2 month outdated) library (480,000 music files) restored and the drive letters for 5 external  (which had been scrambled) correctly assigned. I am as happy as a hound in a hamburger house.

The only glitches are these:
1)I sometimes have been getting "runtime error" which shuts MC down
2)I can't seem to change the skin - when I download the mjp skin file it says "application not found". Under view/skins there is no "download more skins" option which I recall is usually there.

Any thoughts on the skins?
Pages: [1]   Go Up