INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray iso problem on client  (Read 1194 times)

Bricktop

• Recent member
Blu-ray iso problem on client
« on: November 07, 2012, 05:30:04 pm »

I am having trouble getting the few iso blu-rays I have in my library to play properly on the MC client. I only use iso files for 3D blu-rays due to the way PowerDVD handles mkv rips of them, so I don't want to change the container if possible. I have the server set up such that it mounts with VCD then PowerDVD12 plays them. I tried the same set up using the client and remote library and I cannot get it to work, I get a web page that prompts for a password, which if I enter starts to download the iso file from the library server.  I have tried all combinations that I could think of for the image/iso settings on both the server and the client and it either does nothing when an iso is played, or brings up the web page.  Any ideas? I followed the wiki exactly, I have all the drives locally mounted identically to the server. All other files play perfectly...it is just iso files.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,
Bricktop.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Blu-ray iso problem on client
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 08:01:58 pm »

So, you have from http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/ISO_Files the following set on the Client;
-  Go to Tools > Options > File types. Under "Data", click on "Disk Image Files" and at the bottom of the window, ...... External Program (Custom) should be used on a client. Browse to the folder where your virtual drive .exe file is and select that file. For VCD, this will be Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe.

Also if you are loading the Client from a Library Server then make sure "Tools--> Options--> Media Network --> Client Options--> Play local file" is checked.
JRiver CEO Elect

Bricktop

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 08:34:39 pm »

Yes and yes. I have the server set up to play the iso files and it works perfectly.  I set up the client in the same way and I get the web page requesting my password. I have the client set to play locally and I have all the shared drives mapped exactly the same on the client as the server.  If I set up the library to be local to the client machine, everything works fine. I would much rather have one database though.

Thanks,
Bricktop

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 08:55:35 pm »

Just tested mine (I only have 4 ISO's left and they are all DVD but that should not matter), and they mount and play fine.  A pic is worth a 1000 words, here is my setup (do you have the "[Filename]" in the arguments?:
JRiver CEO Elect

Bricktop

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 11:02:49 pm »

I'm not sure what I did, if anything, but with the same settings I had before, it now works. Only thing I did was restart the PC.  Thank you for your help.

Bricktop
Pages: [1]   Go Up