INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Best Quality Audio Use DLNA or Direct HTPC Hookup to PrePro?  (Read 1689 times)

Denny123

I’m using JRiver 17 on my home computer and playing FLAC files via DLNA to a Marantz AV7005.  The improvement over Twonky was breathtaking.  I went through my entire audio library and could not get over the improvement in sound quality.  The experience was mesmerizing.

I am now considering adding an HTPC to the AV rack but first wanted to know if there would be an improvement to what I am currently hearing using DLNA.  With the HTPC I would connect it to the Marantz either via HDMI or coax to take advantage of Audyssey EQ and bass management.  My guess is that the improvement would most likely come from using the JRiver player as the renderer instead of the renderer in the Marantz.  I would appreciate hearing the opinion of others who may have been able to make a comparison.

sounerfan

• Recent member
Re: For Best Quality Audio Use DLNA or Direct HTPC Hookup to PrePro?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:49:36 pm »

Can I get some opinions on this as well.  I understand that Cat5-6 is supposedly shielded from interference due to its construction and transport method.  With a PC being in the same room as the DAC, will I notice a difference in audio quality vs HDMI or Optical?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: For Best Quality Audio Use DLNA or Direct HTPC Hookup to PrePro?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 01:59:21 pm »

No.  Assuming there is no conversion involved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up