INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist - Endless creating of NEW GROUP (which has no content)  (Read 1293 times)

cvdspuy

• Recent member

Hi Guys,
Please assist if you can. I have tried numerous things to try and eliminate source of the problem, but I somehow are now winning
Tried deleting library and importing fresh - playlist "new Group" keeps adding endlessly (screenshot attached to show)
Disconnected all network cables / WiFi links, thinking I may have a loop on my network somewhere=> media PC,MC17 - nothing else connected to my machine
All my audio is stored on this device, so I can at least import something -import fine, and if I leave the Media Centre unattended for a few minutes - Playlist adds "NEW GROUP" (left it till it reaches about 6000 newgroups then I freak out and restart everything.\Please, any suggestions/solutions here.
Many thanks
Charlie

MortimerVFR

Re: Playlist - Endless creating of NEW GROUP (which has no content)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 07:21:35 pm »

I may have a similar issue.  The "Recently Played" Playlist continually adds files which MC17 has never played, no longer exist, and are from a drive the program was never told about.  Even when the drive the files are on is disconnected.  MC17 doesn't add all the files just the same 18 or so .jpgs from a hard drive with thousands of jpg.  I will delete the files, refresh and they're back.  I've disconnect my computer from the intranet, uninstall Gizmo and unplugged all my other DLNA devices to no effect.  I've cleared and told Windows not to safe recently opened files...

Not sure what else I can do to stop MC17 from trying to display photos that don't "exist".

cvdspuy

• Recent member
Re: Playlist - Endless creating of NEW GROUP playlist (which has no content)
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 05:20:41 am »

Crickey what do I do to stop this, it is slowing down my media pc to the point where even audio is now not playing smooth and my cpu usage sits at 100% all the time.
Just to repeat, I have complete disconnected my media pc from any networking link (in fact now disabled network port just to make sure!)
I have
Deleted media library folder and all its contents
Start up MEDIA CENTER, create fresh new library
Scan all media (music and videos) on the local machine only - leaving it disconnected from the network.
Everything scans and loads no problem - all good.
Even deleted all smartlist-lists which could possibly may cause something like this in the background??
THEN - after a while, under playlists it start adding "NEW GROUP (1), NEW GROUP (2) etc etc. As i write this, it is already on NEW GROUP (6099) .. and counting
If I click on any new group - it show as empty.
Meanwhile PC response time gets slower by the minute, cpu usage 100%
Cannot watch my movies any more, they play / freeze / play / freeze.
PLEASE GUYS - any help here - I want my Media Center PC back (refuse to use anything else!)
Charlie

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 07:09:40 am »

Mortimer,

Try hovering your mouse over one of the files and note it's location.  It's probably in a directory with files you are playing.

CVDspuy,
My best guess is that you have a stuck key or broken key on your keyboard or remote.  Try changing the keyboard if you can't find it.  It's probably one of the function keys.

cvdspuy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 02:19:49 am »

Hey Jim,
OK, this reminds me of my computer repair days (many years ago) where if you could solve a annoying issue quickly and telephonically, and make your customer feel like a clueless idiot, it made your day. Well, I think you just have made your day. Shit, I CANNOT believe it was such a simple thing (we get so used to digging into all the technical tweaks and settings, that we forget the basics!!)
After establishing  which key was responsible for creating a new group (F10), I inspected my keyboard and what do you now (this is a new keyboard BTW) - the F10 key was semi-jammed. I just touched it and off we went new group new group new group............... until I banged the keyboard - all good again.
Thank you sir for solving this problem, it is something I should have picked up myself, but there you are.
Back in Media Center heaven again,
Sincere thanks!!
Charlie
Pages: [1]   Go Up