INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apply DSP in Handheld Options  (Read 1339 times)

desa

• Recent member
Apply DSP in Handheld Options
« on: November 10, 2012, 05:41:44 am »

I'm trying to convert my hires file to "CD res" on-the-fly before sending them to my handheld which only support the latter.

It seems that MC does have a set of options tailored to this need, so I went to Options->Handheld->Conversion and I set:

Mode: Convert unsupported formats and higher bitrates
Encoder: FLAC
  • Apply DSP

In DSP setting (DSP Studio page) I configured Output Format to 44.1KHz/16 bit (with dithering)

With these settings I can see hires files go through the conversion process, as expected, and I also get a newly created file in MC's cache directory. Unfortunately the DSP settings seems to be ignored at all and the "converted" file have just the same sample rate and bit depth as the original one.

Any hints?

Thanks

Marcello

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Apply DSP in Handheld Options
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 02:32:19 am »

Hello,

I have extactly the same problem here, I have "hires" FLAC files and when converting them to ALAC choosing downsampling the sample rate is NOT changed at all. :-(

BTW, searching into MC forums I found a thread about MC17 reporting the exact same thing:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69917.msg472127#msg472127

Was this problem ever considered at all by MC developers?
Maybe there should be a proper bug tracking system (I'm sorry if there is a past history and discussion about this, I haven't heard about it) in order to keep track of unresolved issues.

Regards,
Fabrizio

desa

• Recent member
Re: Apply DSP in Handheld Options
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 03:57:37 am »

Was this problem ever considered at all by MC developers?
Maybe there should be a proper bug tracking system (I'm sorry if there is a past history and discussion about this, I haven't heard about it) in order to keep track of unresolved issues.

Regards,
Fabrizio

It seems that JRiver bug tracking/reporting is based on this forum and that the chances you have to get a bug fixes depends on the number of users reporting the same bug. So if you're alone in reporting a given bug, you should better learn to live with it.

I became a fan of this product over the years, but I find this approach very irritating. I few days ago I read a message of a JRiver user imploring some other users to recreate his bug so that it could gain enough mass to get fixed (and it did, indeed). As a customer, I don't want to be forced to do things like this.

But now you're a second user complaining for the very same bug.

I hope this will raise enough the bug priority to get it fixed.

Ciao

Marcello
Pages: [1]   Go Up