INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dell XPS-12  (Read 1459 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Dell XPS-12
« on: November 10, 2012, 12:31:05 pm »

Bought a Dell XPS-12 ultrabook/tablet....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smrlabs/8172576949/

I have it driving my HRT Musicstreamer.  Works great.  Matt just needs to get to work supporting my specific needs at the expense of everything else and it should be great.  Theater view works pretty well with it.  And, unlike my netbook (R.I.P.), it is capable of playing streaming media including video.  That was a bit much for the netbook's little atom heart.

It isn't a retina display but it it still be best display in the house.  So I'm liking it for viewing flickr and whatnot.

(Disclaimer:  I work for dell.  So take this with a grain of salt.  But I do like it. ...  I do.  Really.  Please buy one.  PLEASE!  I'm begging.  My stock options are so under water.  I asked Captain Nemo to go looking for them but he said "Uh, no.  That's a bit, uh, deep for the Nautilus... and there could be monsters..." and then he ran off.  So it is up to you!  Buy one!)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Dell XPS-12
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 02:57:40 pm »

I'm in the market for a ultrabook / tablet and just waiting for supply to open up down here in Oz so I can see what all the different options are.  My preference (I think at this stage) is for the type where the screen and keyboard detach (rather than flip, slid, rotate, or spin).  Sorry DP, but I'm thinking something like the Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro 700T may fit the bill....  http://www.samsung.com/global/ativ/ativ_pc_pro.html
JRiver CEO Elect

DarkPenguin

Re: Dell XPS-12
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 04:10:38 pm »

You want me to have to work until I die.

The samsung looks pretty cool.  I'm just boycotting Samsung after they mocked my iphone buying ways in their tv commercials.
Pages: [1]   Go Up