INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 Crashing, log file, possible bad file?  (Read 990 times)

Gzydeck

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MC17 Crashing, log file, possible bad file?
« on: November 12, 2012, 07:38:35 am »

Long time Media Center user here.

Have a fairly large library, about 40K MP3's. Recently added quite a few and am now having problems with the program becoming unstable and crashing.

The interesting thing is that I have the same source files running on two PC's (laptop, desktop). The source files are synced and are exactly the same. They do not share the same library file. On the other PC, the program is running fine. On the system that crashes, I show one more file in my library (39,666 vs 39,667).

I suspect that this additional file may be causing problems.

I was hoping to attach the log file. It appears that it is larger than the 700KB max size allowed. I am guessing this is the right one (users/xxxx/appdata/roaming/j river/mediacenter/log). Maybe there is another way to post it?

Could a bad file be the source of my problems? If so, is it possible to identify the file?

If not, what other options do I have??

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Best regards,

Gregg Z

Gzydeck

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: MC17 Crashing, log file, possible bad file?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 02:56:29 pm »

As it turns out I fixed my own problem.

After some effort, I was able to determine I had five bad files. They were small MP3's, that look like maybe there was an error when they were ripped.

Removed those files, re imported, and everything is fine. No crashing at all.

Didn't realize bad files could cause such problems. Would be nice if the system notified you of bad files, but alls well that ends well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up