INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cover art missing  (Read 5984 times)

smjepsen

• Recent member
cover art missing
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:24:40 pm »

JRiver community,

Okay, I learned a valuable lesson tonight: do not try to change the cover art for the artist. After attempting this, all of my cover art has been wiped out and replaced by a single image, including all of the Folder files in each album folder. I am able to reset the cover art from internet, but the "Folder" images in each album folder have not been set back to the correct image. How do I reset these?

How do I update the folder image in each album folder? Right clicking the album, I get the option "save cover art to external location specified in options." But what location is that?? I looked through options, but cannot find this setting.

Thanks,
Steve

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: lost all cover art
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:19:56 pm »

I believe the location is set under Options - File Location - Cover Art - Audio Mode

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: lost all cover art
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:55:44 pm »

Are you saving covert art in tags as well?

Personally I save coverart to a dedicated covert art folder and to tags.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: cover art missing
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:09:05 am »

It's extremely unlikely that it's gone, unless you deleted it.  Keep looking.  You may have just changed the cover art directory.

The wiki has a topic on cover art.

smjepsen

• Recent member
Re: cover art missing
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:56:01 pm »

Looks like I'm in good shape now. "Save cover art to external location specified in options" was set to the album folder (found this, thanks Ken), that is why the cover art in my folders were restored. I didn't realize this until after I posted this topic.

InflatableMouse: "Are you saving cover art in tags as well?": I do not know how to save cover art to a tag. But, perhaps I should start keeping a separate folder dedicated to cover art for each album, in case I don't have internet access to cover art.

Thank you all,
Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up