INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I save Theater View settings per computer, not in the library?  (Read 1065 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

I have a small problem: I have a main library that I keep on my server, where I do all tagging, importing and stuff. Then I copy the library to the other computers I run MC on (like the HDPC, the media server, the garage and a few others). But I would like to use different Theater Views on the two computers I use that on. The problem is that when I import the latest media library from the server, these views will be overwritten by the ones from the server. I would of course prefer to use library server, but if I change the theater view in the client and then restart MC I will have the library server's Theater View settings back there.

Is there a simple way to do this? Because I have found the manual way of doing it. First I tore open (that sounded very macho...) the library backup that I was going to restore and deleted the files "view tree (theater view).jmd" and "browser (theater view).jmd", but that only reset the views. I finally found the only way of doing it, so far: First do a backup of the library on the "client" computer, extract those two files from there and incorporate them in and overwrite the files in the backup from the server that I restore. Is that the only possible way? And if so shouldn't this logically have been in the settings backup, instead of in the library backup?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I save Theater View settings per computer, not in the library?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:37 am »

I don't know a way to do this. Sorry. I can only support the idea of configuring differently on clients.This is another reason why a user or group based database is a good idea. It could store library field values and setting like views independently for each user. I hope that get's some attention one day.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up